Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good times in Pogland, it has moved under its own power..!

Admittedly only backwards and forwards in the shed, but still.

The clutch was proving difficult to bleed until I found the correct technique, but then it wasn't moving far enough. I discovered that the pedal mount was flexing enough that the piston was not getting actuated. This was due to an offset/mods I put in when mounting the clutch booster.

This caused some head scratching, but an extra bracing bracket has solved it. Unfortunately this meant cutting an access hole in the front of the cab, but this is under the plastic panel so won't be seen. I might turn it I to a summer ventilation hole as the bus has one and it is sweet.

Now I just need to actually bolt the body on, fingers crossed it all works ok...

• Like 5

Yea I'm fucking stoked, it feels extremely promising. I'm on holiday now so will test things out a bit more when I'm back later this week.

Next job is the bumper, Im not too sure what it will be but I can't get too meaty as I need to think about the weight, but I would really like roo bars. 

Also there will need to be some sort of impact consideration.

I did think about a stack, but decided to be a little bit subtle lol.

• Like 1

Something like that will be the go, altho I don't have the kit to weld ally. I have built a few bumpers from formed up steel box, it is likely to be along those lines. I also don't want to cut off too much airflow.

The impact stuff is probably going to be based around shear bolts, but I need to talk to cert man a bit more about it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 00quattro00 said:

Did you use original power steering hoses or have new ones made? Some factory hoses have a restrictor in them

All new, some helpful bastard had already TIG welded some standard hydraulic fittings onto the banjos so I just got a new pipe made up.

1 hour ago, KP_wag said:

Congrats on getting this running and driving, bloody awesome project. Must be looking fwd to doing some work with it 

Cheers man, I'm gagging to get it legal and start hooning around. 

I have also done the bulk of the design work on the camper cabin for it, that is next in line for some attention, although I am now as broke as anything so scraping the funds together for that will take time...

• Like 7