Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

If I ever make time for it, I have an idea in my head for a tailgate spare mount that unfolds to put the spare on the ground, gives bit of lever advantage to lift it back into position too.

Something similar that folds the wheel down to window height for yours?

That not a bad idea TBH. I just chucked this together with the thought that I only really need to get a flatty onto the deck, but there is real merit in making something that won't fuck my back. I always imagined two spares, so the same mech each side would work...

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You've got no idea who's been tightening shit over the years.. Got this Italian bloke who works for us and he fucken overtightens everything all the time. Its like he has to prove he can get it tighter than anyone else. Maybe the previous owner had small man syndrome.. or he was italian, maybe both, they seem to go hand in hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Be cool if you could lift it on with the little hiab you have.

Yea I know but it won't work unfortunately, the arm wouldn't be able to swing out past the cabin even when full up...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mof said:

Maybe a little front edge protection for tree branches along the roofline? 

Yea there are a few considerations that are coming to light...

The branch protection I can deal with by having some lead in rails on the rack over the cab. But I am seriously thinking about cutting the roof back to the level of the cab.

I built this crane from scrap rhs to lift the RTT off the Defender, not quite suitable for your situation but may spur something useable?

Park the Niva on the foot and then a spare car battery to run the winch, takes me 20min to take it on or off, including fasteners.

938302676_IMG_9758(1).jpeg.a955098f39cae250a59a3c30263a975e.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ThePog said:

Yea there are a few considerations that are coming to light...

The branch protection I can deal with by having some lead in rails on the rack over the cab. But I am seriously thinking about cutting the roof back to the level of the cab.

I thought just a bit of 50x6 angle along the leading edge might suffice.