Jump to content

ThePog builds a Dynafari - so many usage updates


Recommended Posts

My TD42 ran at 600-650 preturbo all the time and 700 under really heavy load when towing a trailer.  

On the non-compensated 10mm pump it would just get past 18psi with the wastgate wired shut, rolled coal down low but meh.

The compensated 11mm pump made quite a difference, and I also fitted a low pressure lift pump which helped quite a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

My TD42 ran at 600-650 preturbo all the time and 700 under really heavy load when towing a trailer.  

On the non-compensated 10mm pump it would just get past 18psi with the wastgate wired shut, rolled coal down low but meh.

The compensated 11mm pump made quite a difference, and I also fitted a low pressure lift pump which helped quite a bit.

What turbo were you running?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThePog said:

I took it up my wee paddock the other day, was convincing from what I could tell. I'll take it up the neighbors paddock when I get a chance, do some skids. It has steep bits too.

The man said REAL four wheel driving, none of this "I went in a paddock" bullshit, Sounds like I need to come up and show you some of the sweet sweet forestry you have and see how far we can send it.

you might want to fit a good winch before I come up though haha

In all seriousness this is looking fucking great! leave the wheels black and man up a bit

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

The man said REAL four wheel driving, none of this "I went in a paddock" bullshit, Sounds like I need to come up and show you some of the sweet sweet forestry you have and see how far we can send it.

you might want to fit a good winch before I come up though haha

In all seriousness this is looking fucking great! leave the wheels black and man up a bit

Im a bit afraid that even with those wheels it wont compensate enough for my tiny dick.

I have been watching Matts off road recovery on yt, he has a winch that just goes on when he needs it, this has been on my mind.

I will probably only ever drive it on tarmac though cos I am a complete poser cunt.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ThePog said:

I will probably only ever drive it on tarmac though cos I am a complete poser cunt.

It's like all those cunts in chch that drive around in their VX cruisers that look like they have never touched a blade of grass let alone some proper mud

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh wait, that was you hahaha 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are obviously a smart cookie, as far as upping the boost, there is potentially an easy/ cheap option by fitting an external spring on the waste gate actuator.. So long as the diaphragm has the grunt to overcome the spring. 

 

This is effectively kind of like taking apart an external gate and swapping in a heavier spring.. 

The other option is to take it for a gentle drive with the waste gate actuator hose removed, this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen on a small capacity petrol but on the big diesel donk with that size turbo free boost may not be that bad..

It may even crack the waste gate off the seat with the exhaust gas pressure under the flapper, and self regulate at a higher boost pressure... 

What we don't know is the turbo speed, but it's probably already heaps... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

You are obviously a smart cookie, as far as upping the boost, there is potentially an easy/ cheap option by fitting an external spring on the waste gate actuator.. So long as the diaphragm has the grunt to overcome the spring. 

 

This is effectively kind of like taking apart an external gate and swapping in a heavier spring.. 

The other option is to take it for a gentle drive with the waste gate actuator hose removed, this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen on a small capacity petrol but on the big diesel donk with that size turbo free boost may not be that bad..

It may even crack the waste gate off the seat with the exhaust gas pressure under the flapper, and self regulate at a higher boost pressure... 

What we don't know is the turbo speed, but it's probably already heaps... 

I am a fucking genius I know. I often tell my wife.

I had thought about adding springs to the actuator, I might do it yet but there will be a whole mission with adding the boost compensator and tweaking it. This means a bit of time on the road which I'd much rather do with it legal.

It would be good to see how much boost it could make, but I reckon I'll run out of fuel before I run out of boost. And fuck rebuilt pumps are expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

Non Destructive Testing.

Seems a bit like the big guy named "Tiny" :lol:

Well done my friend! That must be a very good feeling.

 

Yea I'm meant to be working but mostly I'm thinking about drinking beer..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck this is so cool- I know your feeling when its all one the road cert'd etc. It looks choice! So cool to see a rego plate on it- its the little things eh but they mean so much.

Now please go park it next to some fellas 'big' ford ranger and laugh at him :-)

I might have to steal our hino firetruck and meet up with you for some cool proper 4wd truck photos!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ThePog changed the title to ThePog builds a Dynafari - so many usage updates

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...