Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Finally I've caught up on this thread whilst at my parents place with their first world spec bandwidth because everytime I tried to load your cinema sized photos at home the whole of  Internets in marahau would crash and I'd get angry phonecalls. 

Looking good. I'm gonna come out your way for a proper coffee and  check out your massive tamiya bruiser kitset you appear to have on your driveway. 

We visited alister yesterday (he has about 5 different classic car jobs for us since we welded up his bus-I must have done something right :-)

He told me about your engine woes. Glad you've sorted it. Fucking top spotting and heads up from  @Willdat? Buy that man a beer!

Also went for a hoon around allisters farm in one of his safars. Fuck they are big trucks eh. Sounds nice. 

• Like 4

Yea come out anytime, I'm generally around.

It's my stupid phone, it thinks that a stupidly hi Rez camera makes up for it's many other shortcomings. Then I end up uploading to imgur direct from the phone over mobile data as we are also on dialup spec internet here, so I forget about the size...

23 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Is that ply stuff from the plyguy in Nelson? What's the width? 

yea, 18mm thick, the sheets are 2440 x 1220mm. Just need to seal the edges if you cut it. Was $80 per sheet as i recall...

Formply is what it's called. Primary purpose is for making concrete moulds, the smooth outer surface can have a release agent applied so the concrete doesn't stick. 

As you can imagine fairly hard wearing. $80 a sheet is a pretty good price.

EDIT: I am assuming this as that's what it looks like, correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kyteler said:

How'd you get on with a turbs?  I have one in the shed that I got from @AllTorque that I think is from a 3.0 Hilux so probably of no use but if it is you're welcome to it.

Still looking, might just chance a kinugawa from Ali for now, I can then spend money on a proper one after the cert.

A Hilux one is probably a bit small, but thanks for the offer...

• Like 1

This thread is such a rollercoaster of emotions, I love it and it inspires me for my own Patrol chassis based project, but your work is so much better than mine and you achieve so much so fast... 

Also makes me want to pull the chassis back apart to have it blasted. But I genuinely don't think I have the time if I want to have it complete on the timeframe I have allowed myself. I'll probably just end up Raptor coating it when I do the tray, and then pouring a whole lot of wax/fish oil or whatever down the chassis rails. 

Anywho, as you were. 11/10 work. 

• Like 1