Dynafari shit errday

ThePog

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driveline down here just took a turbo td42 from the workshop in bits. It dropped #4 liner, but depending on yours you might make 1 out of 2. I don't know what their plans are for it but they might be happy to move it along.

Dream build btw, love it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Interested in the details of that stereo jobby, is it 24v? I've been wanting to find 24v amplifiers because 24-12v inverters are a pain.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/u5tcaeM

I ran it as my shed stereo for a week or two before I put it into the truck, it cranked a couple of decent speakers pretty well. I think I will get another one as my current shed amp is only 20w per channel and struggles a bit, plus it doesn't have bluetooth and the 3.5mm socket on my tablet is going dog.

input is 15-24v as far as I remember.

1 hour ago, ThePog said:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/u5tcaeM

I ran it as my shed stereo for a week or two before I put it into the truck, it cranked a couple of decent speakers pretty well. I think I will get another one as my current shed amp is only 20w per channel and struggles a bit, plus it doesn't have bluetooth and the 3.5mm socket on my tablet is going dog.

input is 15-24v as far as I remember.

Awesome thanks, will look into these. Hoping there is an option for more than 2ch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ThePog said:

There are shitloads of 24v car stereos on there as well.

There are yeah but I want something with a decent watt rating, I have a panasonic something or other 12v stereo and its "50w" but really struggles and a complete lack of bass.

Ideally I need to figure out what kind of 24v amps there are. I haven't looked at this stuff for so long, maybe these tiny amps are the way to go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My name is Russell said:

Such a rad project!!!  keep the updates cuming! 

Do those blue tooth boom box's come in 12V? Nice option for a classic car! 

There will be plenty more updates to come I am sure, I am totally fizzing to get it driveable...

There are an unlimited number of these on Ali express, I am sure I saw a 12v version.

• Like 1

Loads more stuff done, my life essentially consists of real work during the day then smashing out more truck stuff in the evenings and the weekends.

My wife is extremely understanding, I reckon I lucked in with that one.

Anyway for starters I made most of a heavy duty engine stand in anticipation of stripping the boat anchor down.

29PeGIY.jpg

zEnP6Sr.jpg

I'll make the mount to suit the engine once it is out.

Then I made some wheel arches and boxes for the deck with the rest of the zintex sheet. The last bit got a little bitsy as I was running out of big offcuts, it looks ok tho.

a22Ca2o.jpg

ib7q9HY.jpg

30FEnUq.jpg

r6NsIdz.jpg

Looks good.

Then some little jobs like filling in the steps as these looked a little funny as they were.

hPxdO3H.jpg

Modifying the rad mounts so they had some isolation;

ooIhss1.jpg

Mounting the random cooler I got from the wreckers for the power steering. This is just a pipe doubled back on itself in the Safari, but there was no tidy way to mount that in this setup. This will do for now. It's on a removable bracket so I can swap it out if it's shit.

It's also out of the way of the main rad airflow which is at a premium.

RGKgYtW.jpg

Next I chucked the driveshaft in to see what needs to happen, this will need some more thought but I have most of a plan for the mounting. Excitingly it is the correct length.

Also look at that sexy spacer, those are made out of 7075 tooling plate and are very pretty indeed.

flTeMAY.jpg

C71mqcw.jpg

Because of clearance issues the short shaft may need to be at a slight angle away from the bell housing, this means that things won't be aligned perfectly. It will only be 1 or 2 degrees at most but I imagine it might have an effect due to the single uj by the transfer case.

My saving grace is that the shaft will only be spinning when in 4wd and I imagine never at open road speeds.

Not too sure about that, I will just have to get it as close as I can and hope for the best.

As you were.

• Like 8