BlownCoronas 1988 Toyota Crown TC24SC

BlownCorona

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, fletch said:

Think I saw you heading south last Saturday. Can't remember where. Just remember the car. 

Looks good!

very likely. made the trip from auckland through kapiti on saturday and then through to christchurch late sunday. was an awesome cruise down, if only the rear diff wasn't geared so low and it could make any sort of power at alll uphill! that extra boost just makes so much heat and kills the HP. 

the car is pretty rough looking,  but the bones are solid so it should make for an excellent car once a fresh coat of paint is applied. the interior is in remarkably good condition and will benifit hugely from a shampoo and wetvac i think. ill grab some more photos of the car when i get a few seconds 

• 2 months later...

This one really only looks rough, because the clear coat is peeling. I've not found any serious rust 

Worst I can see is some poking out of the windscreen seal. I'll have the glass popped out for paint anyway and either fix it myself or get it fixed when the rear gaurds are sorted. 

Plus I'll paint it myself, also have a panel beater that we use alot for work teed up to properly fix the rear gaurds for very cheap. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The ball joint on that side didn't have a split pin either, so I'm picking its a genuine aliexpress part (which terrifyingly is available) 

Went back to the dog park today, which I was coming home from when this happened, the skid mark is about 75m long and shows a struggle in the steering as I wrestled it to the side. 

I don't remember any of it! Shit happens fast.