32/36 dgv weber issues

TheFeculentOne

Brought a used weber 32/36 dgv and have rebuilt, rejetted and put in appropriate emulsion tubes for my 1300 Kent xflow but the bugger won't start. I've noticed the diaphragm for the power system is also stuck in and won't return outward for some reason. I'm sure another strip down and rebuild would rectify it but I'm keen to know what else is out there that would fit and work (maybe better) for this? Anyone use any other carbs?

Agree. Car should 'run' on almost any carb if everything else is ok. Ignition timing etc ok?

If it has a mechanical fuel pump and been sitting for a while it will take some (a lot) of cranking to fill the bowl. 

Also if your ?acellerator? Pump is not put together propely you are wasting your time. Whip it off and sort it out. 

While its off recheck everything. Set the idle mixture screw to 2 turns out and the idle speed screw to 1 turn in from just touching. Fill the bowl with about 10mm of gas then put it back on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/02/2019 at 13:46, azzurro said:

Agree. Car should 'run' on almost any carb if everything else is ok. Ignition timing etc ok?

If it has a mechanical fuel pump and been sitting for a while it will take some (a lot) of cranking to fill the bowl. 

Also if your ?acellerator? Pump is not put together propely you are wasting your time. Whip it off and sort it out. 

While its off recheck everything. Set the idle mixture screw to 2 turns out and the idle speed screw to 1 turn in from just touching. Fill the bowl with about 10mm of gas then put it back on.

Yeah so ignition is set bang on. And the carb has no mixture screw. I assume that it came off a cortina pinto and I've tried setting it for my needs. Not aure where to go from here