Toms 89 Mk2 Golf Discussion

vwthomas

40 minutes ago, Ashkellybarr said:

I had the same thing with the ms i built, multi layer boards are garbage.

nice to see you still have it after all these years

nice wheels. 

Im glad its not just me. I actually had it running and got it tuned to a drive able standard, the bigger problem I think i had was with voltage variation. I do want to have another try at it but not now. You know i still have the parcel shelf you sold me. Still looks mint. Drop around next time you're over this way man!

2 minutes ago, vwthomas said:

Im glad its not just me. I actually had it running and got it tuned to a drive able standard, the bigger problem I think i had was with voltage variation. I do want to have another try at it but not now. You know i still have the parcel shelf you sold me. Still looks mint. Drop around next time you're over this way man!

I didn’t even get mine running, failed to connect. Got the code on it but never got a connection again.

spoke to a couple people, they said the earlier boards with just two layers are far better.

yeah man I drive by sometimes and keep saying to my self to flick you a message.

is the one with roof racks your sisters?

6 minutes ago, Ashkellybarr said:

I didn’t even get mine running, failed to connect. Got the code on it but never got a connection again.

spoke to a couple people, they said the earlier boards with just two layers are far better.

yeah man I drive by sometimes and keep saying to my self to flick you a message.

is the one with roof racks your sisters?

Ive seen a tonne of people have success with them. I should have really stuck with it but the engine did sound awesome on kjet. Nar im a sucker for mk2's \so I bought the girlfriend one. Thats the next project, might as well put the 16v in something else.

I haft to say my 8v went pretty well for a pleb spec 89. When I was 17 my mate 92 3.8 commy has trouble keeping up

2 minutes ago, vwthomas said:

Ive seen a tonne of people have success with them. I should have really stuck with it but the engine did sound awesome on kjet. Nar im a sucker for mk2's \so I bought the girlfriend one. Thats the next project, might as well put the 16v in something else.

Fair enough.

k24 ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/02/2019 at 15:26, nacnud said:

Hey Thomas! Duncan here, I used to have that white Mk2 ABF Jetta.

Awesome to see you still have the golf mate,  Keen to hear how the 2.0t goes !

Hey Duncan, sorry only saw this message now, the car goes awesome, I’m slowly updating the progress a little after it happens, I started the thread a bit late. Come by sometime and you can take it for spin some time dude!

• Like 1