KK's Prius Lo-brid

KKtrips

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few come in from Japan with coilovers and a few importers ditch them instead of certifying them. So I've got the word out to a couple of compliance shops for some quality second hand ones. I sure as shit ain't dropping 2.5K on a new set. Haha

• Like 9

R - N - D  is self explanatory, B is regenerative braking, but I only select it on long downhills.

The gear lever sits in the same spot (neutral) the whole time, and you just nudge it into R, D or B like a momentary switch.
There is also a P button above the gear lever that puts it in Park. Plus there is a foot operated e-brake down the left hand side of the brake pedal.

image.png.4caa651465ec9c2e5e8912a8bc1ac931.png

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

It annoys me that reverse is forward and drive is backwards though

Like a tiptronic gearstick where you'd expect that pulling it back (like in a sequential box) would go up a gear but instead it changes down

• Like 4

“B” is not regenerative braking. It is engine braking. Does not charge the hybrid battery as much in “B” because one of the motor generators are stationary to allow the engine to rotate. All braking and decelerating  in “D” will charge the battery.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, vivaspeed said:

You going to cert it, or just smash out a plate at work one day ;-)

Booked in for a cert monday after this - gives me a few days to get the heights sorted and new tyres/wheels on.

6 minutes ago, Shakotom said:

now there had better be either zero wheel gap

I'll do my best, but I do still have to daily it 300+Km a week.

• Like 2

you might find it feels better once you get some lower profile tyres on it, stock balloon spec tyres and stiff suspension always feels a bit odd. like the tyres are doing the 'springing'

what have you got the shock stiffness set at?

• Like 2