KK's Prius Lo-brid

KKtrips

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

Ive considered one but too on fuel economy alone. Stick a generator on a tow hitch as a range extender.

Why? It has an inbuilt generator. Plus it has a fuel tank big enough for 850km. More than enough to get to the next service station. LoL

edit - what these guys said above ^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/01/2019 at 10:03, Beaver said:

Serious question, whats the fuel consumption like compared to a small modern euro diesel? Obviously have to account for RUCs as well but yeh, be interesting too see what the $/km is for both types of vehicles 

I just realised I never told you the $/km figure. 

Using current fuel prices, the Prius will be in the region of $90-95 petrol per 1000km, a Euro diesel would work out at $65-$80 diesel per 1000km, add $60 for 1000km of RUC for the diesel too. Unless your speedo is broken...

Also I brimmed the tank last night and the range is 850km according to the gauge. I believe it has a 35 litre tank.

• Like 4

These have the potential to be cool if they're not white/silver and being your Uber.

Was seriously looking at a Prius C / Aqua as a small roundabout and for my 500km/week commute. Don't need actual power in Auckland traffic and to minimise fuel consumption.

These are the later 1.8 motor right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vivaspeed said:

These have the potential to be cool if they're not white/silver and being your Uber.

Was seriously looking at a Prius C / Aqua as a small roundabout and for my 500km/week commute. Don't need actual power in Auckland traffic and to minimise fuel consumption.

These are the later 1.8 motor right?

If I had to commute, I'd like to test drive a Honda CR-Z manual hybrid thing 4lols. I've heard anecdotal reports they're not bad.

I'm glad to see someone else out there is looking for a means of frugal motoring.

Very interested to see how you get on, I went on a course a year or so ago about hybrids which made me feel like one wasn't for me, issues with the batteries etc. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

I'm looking forward to Prius and Leaf hop ups being available from Ali Express, imagine a brave new world of high capacity batteries and hot rod brushless motors.

• Like 3

Let's face it. The writing is on the wall for for the mighty and venerable ICE. (Luckily I've only got about thirty ish years left. So it won't effect me)  in the coming decades we'regoing to see more.and more hybrids/EV being modified.  

Old man KK can be the ultimate hipster and say yeah man, I was doing that before it was cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I disagree, I think there is a lot more that can be done with the ice before it falls by the wayside.. Look at some of the new tech engines that are coming out.. Batt efficiency still has a lot to answer for with regards to capacity and general pollution in my view.. 

The ice will live on for a fair while yet..

• Like 2