Lowering - RX30 Cressida

michael14

Does anyone know what other type of coil springs will fit into/lower (rear suspension) a RX30 Cressida off the top of their heads? I have made contact with a few places in Christchurch but none seem to have any specific lowering springs for a RX30.

The car came with some lowering springs in it but they were not captive, would prefer not to cut the standard springs.

Thanks in advance!

Have a search in the project section (if you haven't already) for any RX30 projects.  They often have information in there that's handy.

If not - have you thought of shortening your shocks to make the springs you have captive?  Or looking at a shorter stroke shock from another make?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, michael14 said:

I've been messaging @cressy who said he used some Starlet shocks, just waiting to hear back from him.

Only concern was whether they were a direct bolt in or not as I am no mechanic, willing to give it a go as long as it is straight forward though!

he lives in the states now and doesn't come on here so you probably won't get a reply

Chamberlains. 

Have lows in my AE70 and used to have superlows in previous car. Superlows tend to require shorter shocks depending on application. They certainly did for AE70. But no point putting new springs in with old fucked shocks anyway. So get new shocks to suit at the same time and Bob's your uncle. They should be able to make something to suit your requirements. 

• Like 1

If you already have the springs out, yeah that could be a good plan. They might be able to work out your current spring rate and work out what might suit. I haven't had custom ones made by them myself. A mate had some made up for his car years ago though, as the ones they offered on the shelf didn't go low enough.

Right - I have got in touch with a supplier via trademe (oldscoolautos) and they have shortened RX30 shocks, so that could be another good option I reckon, just need to find springs at the right height then doing the aftermarket shocks is probably a win win, new shocks and captive springs!