scott's 260c H330

scooters

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if anyone does that type of coating.
I've always used the VHT one in a can. Maybe hit it with two pack clear afterwards?
You can get hammertone powder coating. I've often wondered if there might be a wrinkle powder caot too?
Middy's B16A needs the wrinkle finish on that redoing too.  So I'm all ears if someone knows.

• Like 1

@CUL8R has done a couple of great jobs on rocker covers with the VHT stuff. - any pics Chris?

Just make sure the missus is out so you can bake it in the oven (well sort of with the 6 cyl)

Also I have no idea where to make / buy those bushes for the subframe - you could ring around the genuine dealerships until you get a @Brdflu kinda parts guy that loves to find the old stuff. Ball joints and the like are still available aftermarket if they need replacing. 

• Like 1

No decent photo's of the rocker cover, however you can see it here. I brushed oil on the raised parts. I just painted it and put it in the sun to be honest, two coats. Then wiped the oil smeared areas off to leave the raw alloy raised parts..

• Like 2

sounds like it's all within my abilities.. 

I'll wait till if got the sub frame back in and give it a good crack. I'm going to have to sub a nice oven for a heat gun... needs must. 

it's all been stripped and etched .. 

@brocky41 the sub frame mounts look manky but they are not cracked id say they are going to go another turn. The ball joints i'm just going with the whole if it has a ripped boot i'll replace it deal. As long as the bloke who looks under it for the next WOF see's that it's kind of loved i'll be happy... Did you put the stainless muffler on the back of it ? 

Found the one i did - was in the C231 Laurel hardtop (wish i kept this one).

This was 3 coats plus heatgun after the last coat - make sure coats are sprayed horizontal, vertical then diagonal - seemed to work legit.

Chris's oil thing worked too - i was going to sand the letters back etc and polish.

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Otodat said:

Hey scooters, just out of interest would you be able to measure the blocks and front bushes so I can compare to President ones, cheers.

sure I wont be pulling mine out but i'll do my best with some verniers tonight

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Otodat said:

Cool thanks I measure 55x38 on the round bush and 62x30 on the top of the steel block

sounds a lot like you might have a winner. 

was the 55 measures on the rubber I tried to measure the id of the frame. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...