Bricks MB100

flyingbrick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About a 7mm home in the piston and quite a few rough spots and pitting over the piston. Last time i had the head off it looked great in there, dumb.

Thinking now of fitting a compact single cylinder 200(ish) water cooled engine. These are physically tiny as no cooling fins so could be fitted without looking silly as fuck... And iv got a better chance of making it to cold kiwi next year if its not full throttle the whole time

20190915_170320-784x1613.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

Iv had this thing wide open for quite large rides, this was only a few minutes in.

Bought a wr200 motor :-) pick up tomorrow.

Will have to hassle @64valiant for use of his shop :-D

you will find weather and altitude will mean life and death, my KX would ping like hell some days and I would have to change the jets.

Wr200 should be fun 

• Like 2

Well, If this is the most illegal thing that I do during this lifetime- then i'm doing alright. :-)

Once the shed is finished and the house is sold- I'm allowed a bigger bike, but i'd still LOVE to get this down to the cold kiwi next year. I feel rather defeated right now.

@Truenotch had that filter on there since the start. When i got the bike it had no air filter at all. I did keep part of the plastic hosing to the filter which looked to be the biggest restriction but obviously failed.

I'm going with it being on the edge of safety for the past year and the cold air was just enough to push it over the edge.

Do other 2t guys use anything special to warn of impending doom? Knock sensors even? EGT seems to require a huge amount of experience to read reliably. 

The best thing to use is a head temperature sensor. @peteretep has one on his street magic that works quite well. The thermocouple usually has a little terminal that goes under one of your head bolts and gives you an idea that your motor is running hot. 

Also taking the time to get a safe tune beforehand makes all the difference. You want it a step or too below the point where it's just too rich. 

• Like 4

For me it's 'less bad' if people have a bike license and ride a big cc swapped Moped. Then you're only risking riding a bike with the 'wrong engine' as opposed to riding on the wrong license class (even though the bike is cheap moped reg). Keen to see how this goes though! Will be pretty interesting to see it finished for sure. WR200's are fun even in stock form. Forgive my uber safety old man speeches btw. We lose a customer or two each year to bike accidents and having a solid crash a few east capes back + doing a ride forever course made me realise I knew way less than I had thought. Bigger cc and stock brakes make for some butt puckering moments.  

Nang hard. Do a skid etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah get a trailtech vapor, reliable speed, rpm and cylinder temp. I have a stage6 version too on another bike which is a good alternative. Over 200 degrees is into trouble territory, above 215 is super danger zone, hard riding on long straights should put you around 180-190 in the middle of summer

https://www.amazon.com/TRAILTECH-Vapor-Computer-Kit-Motorcycle/dp/B07BYLJ927/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=trailtech+vapor+752-116&qid=1568694811&sr=8-1

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/702/stage6-digital-speedo-clocks-rev-counter

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1349/koso-temperature-sensor-adaptor-14mm-spark-plugs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SOHC said:

We buy 4 strokes,

Most cops wont know if you have a 200cc engine, most cops dont even know the law,

Unless you get a cop that shows an interest in bikes or is old school  traffic type i'm sure most wont care. In saying that if you're being a dick i'm sure they'll find something. 

It'll be an exciting ride with the 200!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1