Greg's Ice Cream Caravan 1.0 (64valiant)

64valiant

Coffee and rolled ice cream are both pretty time consuming and messy to make. Be surprised how much the demand crosses over too

When busy you will need min 1 staff for each station and maybe a person taking orders -  something to keep in mind when arranging the layout.

Limit the flavours and have add ons like fancy cones and sauce/toppings for max revenue in min marginal time. Iced coffee (scoop, shot + ice) is also something people seem happy to pay too much for.

• Like 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah plan on doing cold drinks as its quite an easy product to store and keep cool in a couple of small fridges, not much cleaning down involved in that one.

The coffee is for down the track when money is recouped and in the colder months for when ice cream and cold drinks isn't selling in the middle of winter should be able to offer a hot coffee instead of a cold ice cream. 

Edit: I don't plan on running this my self I will be putting staff in it as I do upholstery and enjoy doing that. Unless I'm heading to a car show and I'll be there anyway. 

• Like 3

Tortron is right.

Easy set up and clean down is impotant but having a layout favourable to being able to keep the thing clean(ish)  and not get in each others way while its pumping is the difference between having fun creaming it and a chore thats not worth it.

Can i have a double with passionfruit and hokey pokey in a waffle cone please

• Like 3

sorry don't do waffle cones. keeping it simple don't want to have to much to clean up after all and wont have space to keep them in my small caravan.

I'll keep it sort. not going to share my hole business plans, layout and ideas here mainly the caravan building part. the rest you guys can think about and tell yourselves you would do it different.

anyway. pretty good day building caravan and grinding curtain. 

started on the floor after the curtain and got around the inside on the wheels all sorted 

91889168_3585462984813695_40540095890608

@flyingbrick pointed out caravan 2 but meh

then i decided to lay it all out

92829787_3585463071480353_41087785309831

gotta clean up the ends in the morning and then get welding and figure out where and how im going to brace the floor.

steel and tube done open till the 7th so gotta keep myself occupied for a bit before i can buy the steel for the axle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nvmyvl said:

How much do you need for the axle?? I got a couple of lengths in my shed of 50 x 50 x 6mm wall.. perfect for welding stubs into

Oh man. That would be so legit. 

After something around the 1.8 - 2 meter mark.  

Let me know how you get on. 

2 hours ago, 64valiant said:

Oh man. That would be so legit. 

After something around the 1.8 - 2 meter mark.  

Let me know how you get on. 

Hey I got 3 lengths @ 2000mm here.. got surface rust on it, but that's easy to clean off.. your welcome to a piece if you still want it.. I'm in Drury, so may be able to get it on somebody going down your way, if somebody is..

1 hour ago, nvmyvl said:

Hey I got 3 lengths @ 2000mm here.. got surface rust on it, but that's easy to clean off.. your welcome to a piece if you still want it.. I'm in Drury, so may be able to get it on somebody going down your way, if somebody is..

@sentra when are you back from your holiday? wanting to come down and drink some beers and over heat my welder and pick up a lenght from this gc?

shot to @nvmyvl for the section of box.

my stubs where a little to big for the inside of it so i gave old @Geophy a call and asked if he had a lathe close by.

turns out it was only just down the road from his home, so across town i went.

as you see here the shaft it to large for the hole (thats what she said)

91885598_3585463421480318_64019355511291

his big machine, it ford the stuff to make swarf

92280659_3585463491480311_41688457961013

one done, one more to go

92241456_3585463591480301_23102255551878

yeah ill weld that in. now that its welded in i shull drill down and plug well this bitch as well

91807204_3585463714813622_77297641141924

all done.

91914900_3585463681480292_91074851519646

thing keeps on popping the multi box fuse, but that im not going to worry about as i know its getting all the heat in it. things bloody smoking hot which im happy about so im currently waiting for it to cool down so i wont set anything on fire while it rest on my bench at the other end.

i also got to hot so i went to mcds and got a double strawberry sunday. so good.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 63Ragtop said:

Wonder if the vw could pull such a thing? Fuckin Sweet!

I can't wait see how yours turns out bro, could maybe use the outer edge of a bug rear fender like above?

Its certainly built like brick outhouse.

Tomorrow its going to take more than me to roll it over onto its two wheels. 

Maybe over engineered it cause well I'm not an engineer. But hey better safe than sorry right? 

I got my main two rails cut and laying on it, and then I had a offcut left over and draped that out the front for the draw bar. I thought it looked to long but I then went to @Archetypes place and messured his car trailers one and it was like 1.7 to the tip of the draw bar from the edge of the trailer. Also messured another car trailer it was 1.4 to the tip. Give me something to base mine off. 

Tomorrow cut those peaces cleaner and weld the spring stuff and put some wheels on it. Roll it over. 

• Like 2

day 5

welded the main floor to the chassis

92561269_3585464554813538_74601937732139

92053704_3585464468146880_56112090079612

also welded the top side of my spring holders and welded the jokey wheel on as well

i went a cnc pipe bender place to get a quote on how much it would cost to have my hoops bent up. they came back at 100 bucks for both sides with me supplying the steel. i then realized i had thick steel so have asked for a price with them supplying it and also sent a better profile of the caravan hoop. so now just waiting for a price so i can go ahead with that

• Like 6