Car wont stay ON [SOLVED : Resistor Block Wiring]

JoKer

painfully slow 'progress' (hope I'm not overlooking the obvious or ignoring the answer right in front of my face posted above somewhere)

1st start today went for a wee while then back to 4 second or so runs (havnt actually timed but its short & rev counter is 1st to drop same as in video clips above) before we touched anything

Got given this Diagram today (cant find my Manual for some reason now to confirm grr)

69817209_2323384594588358_8191602497287094272_n.jpg

and I'm told its looking at the 5-pin plug like this

69556278_2422443028000784_8068678450216435712_n.jpg

and with help 'discovered' coil was wired back to front? (-/+) not confident onthis 'point' but may explain dead resistors?

swapped & no different / improvement

anyway got 12v to the right places, (with resistor unplugged) then plugged in only getting 1V or so across the low side? (at both terminals)

there is a couple of 'free' wires hanging around which I'm not sure go where etcand not keen to "let the smoke out"

and yah, sorry I know its not east "to see from where you are" just documenting as we go, might help someone in future, no adjustment on the rotor that we can see and resistance on the induction sensor was 1k Ohm

diagram was not Avenger specific but is that an alarm bell?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright "we" think we got it : for those following

kQNYxr0l.png

Actual Wiring Diagram (I had to look at my security Cameras to see when I last had the Haynes in my hand... 2x Thursdays ago it turns out, Book was under seat of my Commy LOL)

9Zfiuffl.png

had a mate looking her over, he says "hey you've not got that jumper #5"

ibD2i5al.png

makeshift Jumper, which I'll probably never upgrade

iHbrng3l.png

And I've driven my car to work (2.5km / 5 mins) for the first time in 4 months!

cant believe something simple, we've pulled fuel hoses off, checked Carb Diaphragms and traced wires, and all it "seemed to be" (we'll test drive around town for a few weeks first)

was one little Jumper that was never there : super odd!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, h4nd said:

helps others

chur & yeah even though the odds are there will never ever be another situation like this

but yep that's why I persisted & posted the 'fix'

Drove to Palmy & back over the weekend, car hasn't gone so good! Be interesting to see my Fuelly Sig 'mileage' get better numbers from now on!

bar a minor mishap with the muffler

• Like 1