Nicks Honda MT50 dirt scooter/PPSC gateway bike

TimShadboltfan27

thing had no compression when i got it home, thinking it was a stuck ring, had been sitting for a looooong time. someone had done a shit job at replacing crank seal at some stage and pushed it like 15mm more in than it should have been so sorted that. clutch was also rusted together so stripped that and gave it a birthday.

xw8nMKr.jpg

Exhaust was so fucking lol, was pretty rusty, there was actually 4, yes 4 bolts wanged into the rust hole, bird pood up and then had JB weld smeared all over them. soot on the bolts indicated that it ran like this, but must have been fucking slow as 60-70% of the header was blocked!!

D2Tznk6.jpg

ah4P4Ve.jpg

8OUpD25.jpg

She was incredibly rusty and mucho difficult to weld but i eventually chased my tail enough with it and got it sealed up

Bore was in pretty good nick so a quick light hone and new piston and rings got it sorted. seems to run well now, just need to sort that crab.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

oh yeah stuff has happened!

well stone the flamin galahs once again @BLIZZO has been beavering away and banged a chain on, it now moves under its own steam. having taking it for a ride it got to 65km/h without any dramas, playing with the sprockets and i could definitely see the needle creeping further. 

The fuel leak was actually the fuel tap - new article from ebay sorted that. Ordered new shoes for it too, only the finest cheng shins and vee rubbers for this stallion. feat Blizz's hooves 

DTqRPQK.jpg?1

also bought aliexpress rear fender with built in light and Blizzshop customs wanged it on. if only sugar were as sweet as him. 

iSDIHpE.jpg?1

unfortunately it has a slight miss at mid throttle and cuts out intermittently, probably ignition related. next mission is to fit the tyres, then try and resolve this gremlin and pest into the sunset. here it is next to its big brother XL250

VFHGiln.jpg?1

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another day at blizzshop and we banged new tyres on, loooooooooooong whistle they look lush. the vee rubber front tyre appears to have a larger inflated diameter than the cheng shin rear. but hey, will suit me fine. 

whacked a new spark plug in and seems to have resolved the misfire issue! its so easy when you know how! 

so all thats left really is to wang a new battery in there, replace headlight bulb and action bronson into the sunset. probs a new pair of grips wouldnt go astray. here it is parked up next to its not so distant cousin CB50

eDeOPxv.jpg?1

7nCqnEM.jpg?1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...