Fat-Daddys ATC110 - Build

weetbixkid

Ok, so most of you know the drama with the purchase of my 1981 ATC-110-S (May-June Production date) and its the S model what ever that means!

So i was delivered to me with a "complete engine' which turned out to be missing 50% of the parts. Oh well, yes I moaned about it and got pissed off but time to move on.

Stage 1 of the build, get the Frame de-rusted, luckly only surface rust so 5 hours of scrubbing wth steel wool, water, CRC and de-greeser and its coming along nicely I think.

20181203_104331[1].jpg

20181203_104444.jpg

20181203_104453.jpg

• Like 1

I think you should slow down a bit before purchasing. I mea  that in a nice way. Everything about that motor screams not rebuilt but just repainted poorly. Even if rebuilt 5 years ago is not much info to go on. Has it been in regular use since rebuild ? Has it been stored that whole time correctly and turned over reguarly ? I would go back to earlier suggestions at buying a lifan 110 motor and getting some assistance to mount and wire it up then enjoy the bike for awhile before requiring work again

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chris.QCR said:

I think you should slow down a bit before purchasing. I mea  that in a nice way. Everything about that motor screams not rebuilt but just repainted poorly. Even if rebuilt 5 years ago is not much info to go on. Has it been in regular use since rebuild ? Has it been stored that whole time correctly and turned over reguarly ? I would go back to earlier suggestions at buying a lifan 110 motor and getting some assistance to mount and wire it up then enjoy the bike for awhile before requiring work again

Yeah i think so too

yip as i said watch out about that seller as he is a cunt. i brought a CT rear rim of him that was supposedly in good nick with no holes, when i went to collect it had blobs of braize filling the holes up and was painted silver to look like it was tidy, couldnt tell by the photos. he was really really cagey about me collecting and wanted to ship it but i was in the same town as him for work. when he eventually agreed and i went to look at had him up about the shit quality he told me to 

"fuck off then what do you expect for $90, go and buy a brand new one if you want it mint"

Well you shouldn't advertise it as great condition then you punishing fucking boomer.

TL;DR i warned you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

yip as i said watch out about that seller as he is a cunt. i brought a CT rear rim of him that was supposedly in good nick with no holes, when i went to collect it had blobs of braize filling the holes up and was painted silver to look like it was tidy, couldnt tell by the photos. he was really really cagey about me collecting and wanted to ship it but i was in the same town as him for work. when he eventually agreed and i went to look at had him up about the shit quality he told me to 

"fuck off then what do you expect for $90, go and buy a brand new one if you want it mint"

Well you shouldn't advertise it as great condition then you punishing fucking boomer.

TL;DR i warned you

Yeah im not buying it. He got very angry very fast. I said i would pay his success fee and he can request a refund from Trademe (so he has made on the deal) and leave me bad feedback. But he isn't very nice to deal with. 

I pointed out that some really good guys said the gear selector shaft is wielded and that would make rebuild impossible and how has it been stored. He has yet to answer.

What does TL:DR I warned you mean?

• Confused 1