Hilux Brake Disc Backplates

CarolsHusband

Brace yourselves, I'm having a serious moment.

The backplates on my MK2 Hilux are shagged. They're not available as a pattern part here and Toyota want £460 for a pair of them. Gulp.

I'm not having a lot of luck finding out if the MK3 are close enough with a bit of fiddling ( the swivels and hubs are the same, calipers are a bit wider for vented discs but pads are the same). Short of driving 2 hours to my supplier and comparing, it would be a bit of a gamble.

The other option that has been suggested by some off-roady mates is to leave them off. Apart from having to make a bracket for the brake pipe union, I'm a bit dubious about the amount of crap that'll get flung at the brakes.

Anybody got any advice/ideas ?

Ta

As far as I know it's a MK 2 or LN65R. 1984-88. 

If you're looking at my thread don't be put off by the bed, that's off a 2004 MK4.

/pic of what it looked like new but in blue, not red.

blue hilux.JPG

Thanks for the offer of finding some there, I may end up doing that. Probly end up cheaper too.

460 quid ? You can buy a whole car for that.

5 hours ago, Raizer said:

That's 4th Gen.

2nd is this style

In your crazy, upside down, had Japanese cars forever type reality. We only had Land Rovers until 1979. 

5 hours ago, kpr said:

later vented brakes and calipers will fit with stock backing plates.  just have to give them a little trim to fit the caliper from memory

so guessing will work the other way..

Thanks man, that's all I needed to know. Ordering them right now.