JesseMk2’s Tr50

jessemk2

Blew my orginal scooter budget the other night 

Scored something a bit racier/riceier

Street Magic

Not exactly old skool but diffently fun skool!

Alway thought these things were pretty cool

Its not mint but pretty tidy bit surface rust on triple clamps handle bars front forks,think they call it patina on old stuff.

Needs good clean and service

Plan is to get running good and enjoy

Then when winter comes around do bit of a resto mod

Saving now to get some go bit faster parts of the local os scooter parts guy.

Already has a flash shiny expansion chamber which is a bonus

20181109_221618.jpg

• Like 2

Niice, I loved my TR50! I had a lot of fun on it with dual purpose tyres, even if the suspension doesn't hold up to real offroad stuff. Being flexible enough to pest around anywhere was great.

I don't have anything to add except appreciation.

Yeah suspension not really setup up for off road stuff done few stair jumps already and found limits of travel

It seems way better than your average step through scooter thou and i prefer having footpegs to stand on and a gas tank to clamp with your legs to help steady things up

This one going to be more for tearing up the city streets :)

• 2 weeks later...

So far have done 380 fun ks on this thing

Did 68k trip yesterday 

Cdi has got rid of the speed limiter but lost what little torque it had so dies out on hills quite bad(50 ruckus beats it)

So im thinking need more mods to take full advantage of cdi

On the flat it winds out to the point im feeling sorry for it like its going explode if i hold it pinned haha,got be careful i dont get a speeding ticket now too.

Its developed a rumble at higher speeds in the rear axle so probably have to look into that sooner rather than later

Scapped footpegs twice second time lt lightened rear wheel and turned into a drift which was interesting 

But its been hard case get waves and smiles all the time :)

On 03/12/2018 at 13:05, jessemk2 said:

Dont think so all ive done is swap cdi unit

But think cdi changes ignition timing or some shit and maybe the stock jets/carb dont do it justice

If it's got a more aggressive ignition curve then it should go better all round. If the jetting isn't up to it you'll seize the engine or put a hole in the piston... But it should go really well until that point. 

Is the new CDI unit adjustable? You might be able to dial a bit more / less timing into the mid range to get more torque.