shock insert rebuild

shizzl

have any of you fine folk tried to rebuild a shock insert?

come across this video on youtube of some barry changing the oil in one..

the front shocks in the hunter are totally naffed, its leaning to one side and rolls like a pig..

cant source new inserts from anyone so this could be a cheap option to try..

I have a pair of spare struts to piss around with so ill have a crack on those, if it fails and I burn the shed down, then ill try the Peugeot 106 insert conversion.

if it does actually work then I will rebuild the shocks that are in the car and fit a coilover kit..

thought this could be usefull for some of you with old junk like mine.

ive rung so many shock shops this week trying to source some new inserts...

their response everytime is " ok, ive got the measurements and vehicle details from you, ill call you back in about 30mins"...

5 days later, no fucking reply... I hate dealing with parts people, theyr useless

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ajg193 said:

My brother had a bastard of a time with the products from suspensiontech "this is the spring/shock combo you want. It won't bind or anything." - bound like a bastard.

i wanted a price for 350mm long, 180lb/in coilover springs and Bilstein inserts. Chris was adamant i needed to send the entire unit up for him to measure and fit, then charge a 're-valvling fee for an off the shelf part.

have also heard some of his rebuild parts are not the real deal, but merely a knock-off

hence the reason Im not prepared to send my struts up.. I just want a bloody insert that will fit in the tube and fit the top hat..

seriously why are parts monkeys so reliant on computers and shit these days.. we used to run off 2" thick parts books and match up off diagrams and measurements.

thats all I want

• Like 2