Jamies RX7.. aka the money gobbler discussion

J4m13

22 hours ago, rivalrx said:

Factory 12at

thats an epic ride mate. That plush AF interior is mint. 

Is it a “GTX”?

Yea mate. 84 GTX.

wouldve been good to find an se limited with the leather interior but this is definitely one I didn’t want to pass up

• Like 1

Beautiful car. Trouble with factory ignition is finding a distributor with good ignitors factory J109 are moon beams. I used Bosch ones and hollowed out the J109 to act as just a plug. They are reasonably small so you may be able to hide them somewhere, wiring will go via Bosch ignitors and coils of course so a bit of a deviation from factory but you would have to look pretty hard to notice. I can find the p/n if you need it (BIM-something). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldrx said:

Beautiful car. Trouble with factory ignition is finding a distributor with good ignitors factory J109 are moon beams. I used Bosch ones and hollowed out the J109 to act as just a plug. They are reasonably small so you may be able to hide them somewhere, wiring will go via Bosch ignitors and coils of course so a bit of a deviation from factory but you would have to look pretty hard to notice. I can find the p/n if you need it (BIM-something). 

Thanks for the reply,

its still running the factory distributor, just sparking via that new system. I’d appreciate any help you could give me. To be fair, it’s given me absolutely no trouble at all, I’m feeling there was a reason that this system was employed, but I think it looks ugly and out of place.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Dell'orto said:

Cutting them is dumb, stock springs will be irreplaceable.

Just remove them altogether

Yea.... I won’t be cutting them bro.

bit of a private joke with my mate up there ^

If I was to change anything, it’s be done so I could put original shit back in.

Seems to be a few eagers for sale this side of the pond. For both 13&14”  They’d suit a set of modgies just fine....what size do you suggest there tony?!?!?! :thumbleft:8-)

Ha! nah man no modgies - 

Buy 13" eagers over there, sell for profit over here & get some decent rims - Pine Engineering (based in Chch) are selling custom made 3 piece wheels ordered to your exact offset - check out there designs - not cheap, but would be something truely unique.

Aren't series 3 sevens all weird with the offsets?

• Like 1

No modgies?!?!

golly, you’ve changed!!! :shock:

Dunno regarding fucked up offset. But more than likely, I don’t see me changing wheels anytime soon. Just going to run with the standard ones. Perhaps after a few nudges and suggestions I’ll get some...??:scratch:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Pretty cool that you rebuilt your own engine, good work 

While simple in theory compared to piston engines, I imagine there's a bunch of little tricks you need to know when assembling one  

So was it low oil pressure = fucked the bearing= shaft gets a bit floppy= stationary gear gets a hiding?