Ford ids / eeprom reprogramming

mjrstar

Hi,

Does anyone on here have experience with Ford IDS. I am looking to get a cluster odometer changed to match actual vehicle mileage and pair with the immobiliser.

Both of these things are hidden away in the cluster EEPROM.

There is some vague info on how this is done and a few Australia ford dealerships can do it.

Ideally looking for someone in nz familiar with this sort of jazz rather than calling a bunch of ford dealerships trying to find the one guy that might know what he is doing. 

More than happy to pay going rate to get this sorted.  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ajg193 said:

@h4nd or @Ned seem like the guys that would have an eeprom programmer laying around.

I have several. The issue is getting very specific on the allowable models for which code, which chipsets, and if there's any crypto pairing or such bs. I've not looked at recent auto stuff, so gearing up could be a big time soak. Sorry, I'm out for the mo.

• Like 1

all good, i'm not looking for someone to learn / have a tinker anyway, i'm really after someone who is already proficient in such activities. 

If there was no risk of turning my ute into a paperweight (immobilised with no way to rectify) i would find someone to simply swap the EPROM from my working correct cluster into my cool looking FPV cluster wth built in oil temp and boost gauge.  8-) this theroetically would drag across the canbus ID for the immobiliser and the mileage in the odometer.