Column shift linkages disassembly - auto coon

igor

A while ago now I broke the pedal box in my manual EA coon. My wof guy welded it up to get me mobile but he reckons it will break again. He also reckons automatic pedal boxes are the same and that they just have a longer rod to hold the extra pedal. Today I started removing the column from the automatic parts car I have here in order to be able to remove the pedal box. Everything came undone easily except for the column change linkages. I can't see how to disconnect the linkage anywhere between the column and the trans without cutting or breaking something. There must be a way to do this. What am I not seeing here? Thanks in advance for any and all helpful advice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got the pedal box out of the parts car today. Got the column out last weekend with some most appreciated help and advice from @smokin'joe. We ended up leaving the linkages to the trans all connected and removing the shaft from the shift lever up by the steering wheel. One bolt. Like many things it became obvious with another pair of eyes looking at it. I'm getting my wof guy to do the swap into the good car cos it was super cunty getting it out and I broke some stuff. 

@kiwiplymouth, I've been there with those horrible pins. The first time I took the motor and gearbox out of a rod change Mini back in the '80s. Had no idea what it was and ended up cutting the socket with a grinder. 

• Like 1