Amy's Rotary Experi-mental Hoe.

kyteler

I agree. Enjoy this part where things are free/just time.

Please dont be drawn over the tracks to the wrong side with this car. Keep it oldschool. Similar warning I had to give Mason when he started to veer off track and things were approaching this....

Idea-note-20160602-085311-01-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

So Phils Rotarys only had white vinyl for door cards and I want black... so now I own the white ones, is spraying them with black fabric paint possible?

Do I prep through standard measures of wax & grease remover then spray as usual?

Any advice welcome pls thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

@64valiant did you do a RX-2 coupe upholstery recently? If not do you have any camo material for some door cards?

did a 2 sedan. 

got a 4 coupe to do early next year. 

but camo is best purchased off ebay or ali express.

a wax a grease cleaner will be good to clean before spraying them. with little bits ive sprayed before hand like door handles and arm wrest pays to heat the can and the subject up 1st make it get a good coating and also dries really well. also found vht the better vinyl dye (paint)

presuming the doors are press welded with patterns be the easier way to paint them and cover them again.

edit

or if you really want black ones sell the white ones and buy these cards

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/mazda/interior/listing-1852444192.htm

some vinyl and cover them black. or get the pattern you want on them stitch to vinyl through a layer of foam and then put them on the new cards.

always found the vht and other vinyl dyes wear off on common places of use eg holding the door open with your foot, tops of doors and around winders where been covered in black vinyl you wont have wear problems. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...