Amy's Rotary Experi-mental Hoe.

kyteler

So i hope this means you're back in the country.
Are you going for the restored look or get it mechanically right & revel in the scruffy missing interior & trim look? Maybe scuff off the worst flakes & linseedoil/clearcoat it to preserve the 'history'?  It's pretty liberating not having to worry about keeping something perfect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rustisize said:

So i hope this means you're back in the country.
Are you going for the restored look or get it mechanically right & revel in the scruffy missing interior & trim look? Maybe scuff off the worst flakes & linseedoil/clearcoat it to preserve the 'history'?  It's pretty liberating not having to worry about keeping something perfect.

Yep and 100% yes to the as is where is part.

Tell me more about preserving the paint? It tends to rub off easily on fingers.

1 hour ago, rotorhoe said:

Yep and 100% yes to the as is where is part.

Tell me more about preserving the paint? It tends to rub off easily on fingers.

Depends what you're trying to preserve & what it's like underneath.  A plastic scotchbright pad will dull shiny paint but will also remove loose paint, if you've seen my car lately you'll see i just mixed turps & linseed oil & brushed it on, dries to a matt finish & brings old paint back to life, for a short time, then it goes yellow or brown tinged as it oxidizes.
Clearcoat doesn't do that.  I've heard people prefer a semi-matt clearcoat as opposed to a gloss.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rivalrx said:

I had a look over the coupe last week and what a solid car!

Got to love a USA sunrise red Mazda with a helping of patina

im on the parts hunt for you guys and will do my best to track down the tricky bits  

“Two timer”

Hahahaha

Thanks Mayson super appreciate all the help!

6 hours ago, dabuzz said:

Amy I forgot to look for those parts you asked for, are you sorted, or still need?

awesome car , look forward to seeing progress, patina and rowdy all the way. 13b would be best bet IMO, easier to get parts

That's no worries, lost motivation for a while there anyway. Can't remember the list I sent you but do need a lot - mostly on the hunt for a steering box and drag link to start the conversion.

Will try get the engine out and check how fiddled with it is haha

• Like 1