Kimjon - seek medical advice!

Kimjon

Okay, this project got put in the corner next to the kids keyboard, karaoke machine  and the karate suit...(that's a joke, but close to the truth).

But today the sun shined it's light on it:

5190.thumb.jpeg.7dfcc1da0385a7e80d09424fbe40aebc.jpeg

5198.thumb.jpeg.e97d7c3ea42e6ae565e07584eb1ee2ee.jpeg

5194.thumb.jpeg.c54906108b16b8770470bf3881e679f3.jpeg

Then some heat resistant paint.

5206.thumb.jpeg.5533ab1ef21ddcf5b24ff5e01501dd4d.jpeg

Job pretty much done. I may wrap it...may not?

I put a cheeky spray of engine start in the air filter and pulled it over...ting...ting...ting.... success! Huge compression and wild port timing should be a real screamer!!!

• Like 4

On 11/11/2018 at 18:51, KP_wag said:

When you build these custom expansion setups do you know how sensitive they are in terms to sizing and the dynamics of the motor in question? ie is any chamber a good thing or do they need to be tuned proper? They look cool for sure just wondering if it's possible to design something that sucks in terms of exhaust timing (or other extreme get lucky and have something that rips)... 

Bible here (Jennings, two stroke tuners handbook):

http://www.amrca.com/tech/tuners.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Tadah!!!!

Resized_20190610_190646.jpeg.60323d5553c0855b676fa496774afbbf.jpegResized_20190610_190704.jpeg.79713fada5c307091656c51f8fba2ae7.jpeg

Finished (well, 95%) my green/gold/black metallic goped. I haven't actually started it yet, as the missing 5% is the brakes and kill switch, which just needs a cable from a bike shop to finish...but not so safe without it. It's a sure sign of getting old when you're such a pussy you wont ride a wildly ported and untested motor without brakes.

Meowwww...pussy...pussy... is all I can hear in my own sub consciousness.

Meooooowwww...don't be a pussy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Righto! Finally finished this thing. This is the first time I've heard it running ever:

Then, I swapped out the exhaust for the expansion chamber:

And it would be rude not to test it on the driveway. The phone sitting on the ground always gives terrible perspective...but it goes pretty fucking fast for 22.5cc. I've got a few quicker gopeds, but not by a lot. It would really benefit from a bigger carburetor, as its tapping out way to early and I know it's got way more potential in it. So that's the plan...find bigger carburetor...try again.

Anyway, these things are never 100% finished, as there's always room for improvement in anything you make. But overall it's pretty sweet! I'm putting it down as a win.

• Like 6