Caffeine and gasoline at Hampton Downs

Bantam

Since C&C on the shore has got so big, the organisers have set up another meet at Hampton Downs on the same day. Park up for all cars, jdm and modern welcome. Talk of having the skid pad open and cruise the track at some days. I will be there since I have now have a car that fits that category and no longer welcome at Takapuna. 

Details here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/581556985580970/

Edited by BDA780
Added more info
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, cletus said:

That would be 300% more fun than parking in a carpark and looking at mustangs

44 minutes ago, sheepers said:

Doo you actually think it won't be fill of mustangs?

Not all Mustangs are bad :grin: - just the ones made after '72

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelme said:

Weird that it's on the same day as their normal event

The idea is to split the event and spread it out. I'm not sure i want to drive all the way to HD unless there is racing on. It's such a boring drive on the motorway. 

• Like 1

The drive from mine to Smales is 100% boring motorway too, but Hampton is like 5x as far on equally boring motorways.

I assume the idea is that its up to attendees to choose which ever one is most convenient/interesting and go to that one.

Choose your poison - Durrty South or Sure Things?

• Like 3

Far out, just checked the facebook event out. Some people just can't handle not being included and/or like to complain about a FREE event. 

I for one am keen as fuck to check out both. Takapuna one because I haven't been since they limited new cars. But I'm stoked about that because when I did go, ol' barry's had their tickford XR8's parked up in half the parks and it was semi lame. 

Hampton Downs because it's closer to me and the variety will be nice. Plus the karts there are always a hoot/watching people doing their hot laps in the camaros etc is always entertaining. 

Stoked NZ has a few more events on the cards as time wears on. Coming from Tauranga, we're limited to the annual 'All Ford Day' (See tickford barry's), a hot rod show in a car park building which rarely has different cars or the local gang run bike shows that have some classic cars. 

• Like 3

Not that it really concerns me anymore as I'm not going to be in dorkland much longer but I feel a little dissapointed or is on the same day.

It would have been more fun to keep different days so that way people could actually attend both.  I liked the fact that it was most old cars to start with. But I appreciate other newer cars that have been done nice and still like to look at some of them. 

I do agree shit was getting a bit out of hand.. I cant beleive how many people got so butthurt about being asked to leave the parks for the actual classics.... 

Would just be nice to be able to attend or visit both if I wanted too.

I think I have mentioned this before but...

When Colin from protector insurance original came up with the idea they though it would be nice if they got 30-40 cars. They never dreamed that the average would be 700 and on some days nearly 1000.

Managing that many cars became stressful and a H&S nightmare. Not to mention the tale backs on the motorways.

So by splitting it up it also changes it up. It means that the people who were turned away from the Shore can go to Hampton and it makes the Shore event more manageable. 400 cars at the Smales event is perfect.

It also stops it getting stale and will eventually make both events better. Although the Tickford Barry’s thought it was nice to park up next to other cars there were always going to be people who thought they didn’t deserve to be there.

And although I like Mustangs as much as the next OSer...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 10:35, Pelo. said:

The idea is to split the event and spread it out. I'm not sure i want to drive all the way to HD unless there is racing on. It's such a boring drive on the motorway. 

Mate, there are plenty of non-boring ways to get there...... tell me where you're coming from and I'll plan you a route.