Slowburn’s 1972 fiat 124

slowburn

as you can see,it's pretty far gone, we found it in Waitara sitting on some blocks under a tarp outside about 30 meters from the sea.....not a great place to be for an old girl like this.....she was complete except for the driver side front quarter window and has reg on hold. W e dragged her back to the Wairarapa where we stripped her back to find the true extent of the rot...more pics to come

• Like 4

fast forward a year which leads me to here......... a way better shell, scored  from Cambridge ,thanks mal. the window surrounds are clean, the panels are pretty damn straight ,the boot and engine bay are ready to be blasted and primed and, no sunroof and it has a hood lining there too! stoked... she has been at Kayne Thomsons Barn in Carterton and is 1 part through a 3 part process.... 

panel shop.jpg

trip home.jpg

Edited by slowburn
spelling error
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

so, round 2 has happened, as with most things, it wasn't straight forward. was supposed to be the floors and seat stays. but ended up being the outer and inner sill and the rear suspension trailing arm mount. the floors will be next. at some stage. I have the outer sill ready to go on, it's just not fitted yet.

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

• Like 1

I will go back out to my lock up and take some more pics of what's left to do...."heaps" the bottom of the A pillars, the back of the rear guards and the front clip.....more on that shortly...I'll try and post more regularly....

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 1

• 11 months later...