Wanted to borrow: single phase air compressor, able to run air tools.

Seedy Al

So hi guys!

I have accepted that im going to be pulling my hilux motor apart,  

So was wondering if anyone had a reasonable single phase air compressor they might not be using for a few weeks.  Needs to be able to handle a 1/2 inch rattle guy.

I can survive without, but would actually make the job twice as quick. 

Any help would be appreciated and can provide payment slash bless your family with great honor. 

Thanks a plenty. 

Seedy Al of the Strokers clan.

You can borrow mine fella. Pretty sure I won't need it until I get the wag back from the panelbeaters in about a month.
I'll be at my lockup on Saturday if you want to grab it. (just remind me to check the tyres on the Commy are pumped up before you take it - LOL)

Have you tried a newer battery powered rattle gun?  They are fucking legit and no compressor required.  Can be a bit spendy but super portable and tough as fuck.  We have Milwaukee ones at work in quarter and half inch. I run air and a large three phase at home but am likely to just get some battery ones as well. 

+1 for that, my compressor doesn't get much use after going battery for everything. ~$600 can net you a mix of parallel imported and nz stock gear with 600nm (nut bust) inc one bat & charger. I went 600nm as its mid torque and should cover most if not all my car chobs. Higher torque than my air rattle. All depends what you need torque wise. Huge fucker on spesh good luck finding a nut it won't undo.

Yeah been looking at buying a Milwaukee setup also. But to be honest I do most my spannering with a 3/8 compact air rachet. Perfect for all sorts of stuff and can get in places a battery packed unit never will. It's not the big stuff that takes the time.  Its the small stuff like covers and sumps and rockers that take the longest. 3/8 air is perfect for undoing and especially doing up that sort of stuff. 

• Like 2

www.i-tools.co.nz for the parallel gear. Hector Jones or ToolShed for NZ stock.

Milwaukee are bringing in new 12v impact guns 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2". Looks impressive. I have their 3/8" ratchet which is probably similar size to your air one. Pulled the whole interior of car out easily, seats, guards off, even rusty stuff. Only a couple of tight bolts it wouldn't touch. There are new ratchest out which are more powerful, but I wanted the smallest one (and it was ~150 on special) I have an air one too, but fuck it's loud, sits in the drawer. I just keep an eye out for specials and redemptions. Should be new redemptions next month, fliers get posted here: http://www.mymilwaukee.co.nz/ that only applies for NZ stock, so no i-tools etc.

New thing, i'm not sure on ETA for NZ, but its this range

maxresdefault.jpg

Ratchet I got

M12IR-02.jpg

On 24/09/2018 at 13:36, Seedy Al said:

So hi guys!

I have accepted that im going to be pulling my hilux motor apart,  

So was wondering if anyone had a reasonable single phase air compressor they might not be using for a few weeks.  Needs to be able to handle a 1/2 inch rattle guy.

I can survive without, but would actually make the job twice as quick. 

Any help would be appreciated and can provide payment slash bless your family with great honor. 

Thanks a plenty. 

Seedy Al of the Strokers clan.

Does a slash bless involve a golden shower?