Muncie (juniors) project.

Muncie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely stripped this down today and fully welded the chassis it had some half ass welds in places cut off the daggy bits and slotted the engine mount plate, new chain is on with the engine slid forward to tension it. 

While motor was off i blasted it with zinc black paint so the motor is on for good now, now to sort a seat  over the motor and move the fuel tank. 

Excuse the wood board i did a milk and bread run on it, 4 ks up road no issues no one raised an eyebrow and it didnt miss a beat.

15394155716365250095476114960270.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Proportions are comical as fuck and it uses plenty of plywood This has moved into first place as ridiculously fun transportation.

Needs a seat cushion of some sort but perfectly ridable as is, i re used the fuel tank as it seems to hold hours worth of fuel..... enough for a weeks worth of liquor shop runs. 

New muffler has burned in to a nice gold colour and is really quiet which is great i can hear the tv over it.

15399166781864816577215194156164.jpg

• Like 6

Mrs jumped on it today and gave it berrys halfway through me explaining it has no brakes cue me panicking as she flew up the road at huge pace. No crash she didnt know what all the fuss was about..... my steering tweaks have clearly  worked

• Like 2

On 19/10/2018 at 22:34, Muncie said:

Mrs jumped on it today and gave it berrys halfway through me explaining it has no brakes cue me panicking as she flew up the road at huge pace. No crash she didnt know what all the fuss was about..... my steering tweaks have clearly  worked

This is the brake set-up on my one. I didn't make this, it was already done by someone else.

IMG_20170506_103052.thumb.jpg.6c80034dd8fafbb4cc14204534231540.jpg

I wouldn't say it's in the league of Brembo's 6 pot calipers on a super bike...But it is a lot better than nothing.

I'm sure I've got a few of those brake discs floating around you can have for nothing. And the calipers are like $6 on ebay...or if you don't wanna wait 6 weeks you can get them for $10+ postage on trademe.

Ive got that 4 bolt Suzuki LT50 Carrier in there now so can add some spacers and tack a pit bike disc on next to the sprocket. Well thats the plan at least.

I want to run a hydraulic caliper as ive found with my scooter you get so much stretch in the cable the brakes barely work and this will be similar length. 

I need a taller tyre to get the 50t sprocket on so will address all of it at once as the axle needs to to come out for that. 

On 20/10/2018 at 21:03, a.craw4d said:

Love this.

Any chance you could reinstate the original body work? 

Then chuck on granddad's best tweed suit.

Look what the mobility man gave me. Its beat to shit but I'll see if i can make it a little bit more presentable and slap it on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So this thing needs a new carb the throttle shaft is utterly flogged out and it will randomly not idle consistantly and has started dribbling petrol. Any ideas as to what size Ebay special i need to order? Its 180ish cc could turn to 4500-5000rpm now the governor is out.

So for what ever reason the carb despite been flogged out is now working again...... perfectly once i set the idle.

Which led to my son complaining about how sketch it is at anything faster then running pace, seeing as Oldschool.co.nz has been down i had some free time and an angle grinder and a wheel alignment sheet as a guide.

20181118_100209.jpg

I cut the front axle and set it up with 20 degrees of caster 1.5 degrees of camber 1.5 mm of toe ended up been magic! I had to re-instate the front axles wobble arrangement as it would lift a wheel when turning and pull left quite strongly.

So this thing is ridiculous fun now it corners at wide open throttle ive yet to to find top end but its confidence inspiring the steering self centers and everything.

20181118_100217.jpg

• Like 5

My son (Aka Tortoise) gave this thing death yesterday round the backstreets of work i was quite surprised how comfortable he seemed on it. all 4 tyres were so bloody hot and sticky i had to hose it off before loading in the boot of the car to stop it eating the carpet. 

It needs some Go kart rims and tyres now if anyone has some floating about for a good price.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2019 at 19:23, Muncie said:

If anyone has a hookup for 4" tyres for these rims or a few go kart wheels please pm me as my boy finally blew the belts out of these old grey tyres on sunday.

Pretty sure sack trolley tyres fit from memory and they are dirt cheap. Only negative is if you have nice concrete they leave black marks behind. 

I brought a box of 4 off Ebay that were like $30/4 or something like that? They are much better than normal sack trolley tyres and I also run these on my gopeds. I'll try find a link???