Muncie (juniors) project.

Muncie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also flushed out the black but not to bad oil will fill it with penrites finest leftovers from my last oil change and call the engine ready for action.

Now i need to order a clutch then can get onto mounting the engine properly l, going to stick it through the chassis so its 50mm lower minus the fuel tank itll be 150mm lower down leaving room for a seat. I dont want it too top heavy.

• Like 1

My suspicion about the carb been gunged up were spot on, the float bowl was full of shit under the shit was rust clearly had water in there at some stage. Scraped it out blasted everything with oven cleaner scrubbed in hot water and blew everything out with compressor. Resulting in a happy little Mikuni

20181004_163444.jpg

• Like 2

Should be just powerful enough to pull the skin off custard but will govern it so its fairly mild.

The death ped is perfectly safe...... haven't fallen off it in like 6 months = safe.

41 minutes ago, johnnyfive said:

When you want to remove your self from the gene pool with v twin powered scooter thing, but remember you've already bred, better quickly build something to deal to them as well.

• Haha 1

It runs its really tame on grass which is ideal. 

Ive been up the road on it, it gets along fairly well no shortage of grunt on tarmac had to weld the front suspension on it anything above walking pace it felt like it wanted to flip over.

• Like 3

The steering is way way way to quick and twitchy at adult speeds for now I'll change the pivot point see how it is.

The 50t sprocket is too big with these itty bitty tyres its 2mm from the ground without the chain. Oh and it needs brakes.

10 minutes ago, Muncie said:

The steering is way way way to quick and twitchy at adult speeds for now I'll change the pivot point see how it is.

The 50t sprocket is too big with these itty bitty tyres its 2mm from the ground without the chain. Oh and it needs brakes.

You should try doing 100+ kmh on one, puhuhuhu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

Haha my body is far more tuned to its own demise lately. I will bring it to a monthly meet though.

Yeh, it wasn't a smart thing to do, on the standard plastic wheels and hubs, and with no helmet. I want to make another one, I drove round town for years undetected by the law/grumpy people. Great way to travel.

Even with my stuffed back picking this up is doable so will be easily stuck on the roof rack for missions. My scooter is a bit of an excercise to load in the car needing a ramp handlebars unbolting etc not to mention it is atrocious on gas it loves a drink.!

Todays mission has to be a muffler of sorts its far to loud...... to even attempt a low key shop mission.