Shuzz's " I've had this since before you were born" Hilux

CarolsHusband

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update...

Been trying to resist the temptation to just bolt the proper bed back on and be done with all this messing about, especially as we're moving house soon & I'm making the truck less useful.

Never mind, I resisted. Added some lights and stuff.

vtI2jTo.jpg

Cut some steel up for the crosspieces, going to make a perimeter frame out of 2" angle and fill it with scaff boards.

KkdXDdI.jpg

This width will keep it legal (just) with the 33 x 12.5's,  but I may still chop a bit off as the front ones stick out anyway.

SznJnir.jpg

Also, was watching a "Columbo" earlier from 1991.

/ fancy SR5 for fred.

rvtgRK7.jpg

That's your lot, I'm off to bed.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that's me being a big fat liar. Next few months, my foot.

Got one on me over the past couple of days & decided to go full Waltons spec.

Pleased.

i6ZAICv.jpg

3H0FOGn.jpg

3Q8yHyH.jpg

Also,we may have a new contender for the paint. Bit struck by this from Chevy's 1972 range.

vWzLLsD.jpg

/Would look mint with the slot mags.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ooh, update ?

Nah, clickbait.

Was tidying stuff out at my dads & found an aerial I had on loads of cars back in London. I probably bought it in about 86 as it was on my Imps. It also lived on two Granadas, the Consul, at least two Cortinas and ultimately, for that period of my life, the Marina I used as a getaway car when I headed for Wales. That got scrapped coz I had to crash that car,  it but I kept the twig 'safe'in a damp box in a rat infested shed.

Spent time messing about with it today and now it lives again on the Hilux.

/Circle of life

/pic

SALsx2q.jpg

Catch ya on the flip-flop.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Took it for an MOT, failed on the usual rear brake balance/ handbrake efficiency, a track rod end and someone finally decided to get funny about the right hand indicator tell-tale not working after 26 years.

While I was messing about fixing that I discovered I had one of these. Cooool....

I2fTyDL.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Dredge.

Hello gang, I know that coming here for any kind of advice is silly, but here goes.

I've found a company here that can supply new galvanised tubs for my Hilux from Thailand. They're not cheap, but the car doesn't owe me much after all these years.

Problem is, they can only get 2WD ones. They can supply 4WD repair patches that I could weld in but they're over 25% extra on the price.

So, do I suck it up and spend the cash or do I get the bed & a pair of 2WD front wings for that full on '70's sticky out tyre look ?

/ pics

arPOen0.jpg

PqeXkjC.jpg

• Like 2