Buick V6

1JZ no shit

1KZ 

5, 6, 7mge should bolt to Hilux gearbag? But m-series

Sad times when a rover V8 is sounding the best option

Buick V6, anybody do a kit ?

1JZ no fit

1KZ maybe.

Rover V8 because we've got 3.9's and 4 barrels lying around and though may not sound the best option, they're the best sounding option.

1 hour ago, 00quattro00 said:

Vw 1.9tdi

wot u talkin bout.jpg

Is there any advantage for having diesel vs petrol where you are?

Over here diesel is a lot cheaper but we have to pay per km travelled so it works out about the same.

I did a job on a hilux that had a turbo 1kz put in it instead of a 3L, it went pretty good 

• Like 1

Funnily enough, there probably isn't really. Petrol's cheaper(£ 1.29/L vs £ 1.34) here as diesel is being demonised.

I just fancy sticking with old diesel technology for some reason. Simplicity of installation and maintenance maybe ? Resistance to EMP's and greater variety of fueling options in the  subsequent apocalypse ?

I'm not after shredding tyres, need more low down grunt but also a reasonable level of consumption. I've never actually worked it out but I'd guess it's doing mid to high 30's MPG at the moment. 

V8 burble would be nice though.

2 minutes ago, CarolsHusband said:

I just fancy sticking with old diesel technology for some reason. Simplicity of installation and maintenance maybe ? 

5L, possibly with some force feeding?

Easy bolt in and technology like a bag of rocks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarolsHusband said:

Funnily enough, there probably isn't really. Petrol's cheaper(£ 1.29/L vs £ 1.34) here as diesel is being demonised.

I just fancy sticking with old diesel technology for some reason. Simplicity of installation and maintenance maybe ? Resistance to EMP's and greater variety of fueling options in the  subsequent apocalypse ?

I'm not after shredding tyres, need more low down grunt but also a reasonable level of consumption. I've never actually worked it out but I'd guess it's doing mid to high 30's MPG at the moment. 

V8 burble would be nice though.

The 5le in my ln145 goes good for a non turbo, does about 6-7 liters per 100km round town (40mpg?)

• Thanks 1

On 29/09/2019 at 09:08, CarolsHusband said:

Just want some more torque and not too much elctrickery.

Any ideas ?

Chur.

I've recently purchased a '92 Toyoace 4x4 (same as a Dyna) which has a 14B engine. It was cheap.

That's a non turbo, basically no electronics, 4 cylinder 3.8 litre Toyota engine. It may be worth looking at one of those as they seem simple and evidently have as much torque as my V8 petrol Lexus, but I dunno how easy they are to slot into a 'Lux chassis

14B             98 hp (72 kW) at 3,400 rpm 177 lb·fts (240N·m) at 1,800 rpm
  • Thanks 1

What size Eaton? 

A supercharger on a diseasel makes the world of sense.  Because there's no throttle body it should just run full boost 24/7. Then you wind up your fuel to you find your sweet spot with the egt's and profit. No off boost means no black smoke before a turbo spools. 

Supercharger the world!

• Like 5

It's off a Jag, a 4 litre I would guess.  I'll check the numbers when I pick it up . I'm sure those clever sods on the internet will have plotted graphs for cfm/CR/CC and how much to over/under drive for the right results.

Superchargers are mint in my head, I've never owned one but all those Cummins' can't be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1