Agent75’s Jar Gwaaa

Agent75

The interior and the engine were done when I got it so apart from the new front end there’s just been a fair bit of learning how to weld and paint and tidy up shittyness. A fair bit of money appears to have been spent on her before I got it so it’s a good base but it’s baffling that so much of it was bodged too. Engine has nice bespoke jag to Chevy Pacemaker headers and was recently rebuilt I reckon barely a couple of thousand kms before I got it. Interior is near new too but unfortunately not leather but it looks good and not too bothered. Two of the rear shocks are knocked of their bushes and it looks like it was done on purpose to allow the bigger exhaust to route past them - bogans again, I’ll sort that soon. 

04C61D2A-5E6C-4083-9305-F2579D9C7CB3.jpeg

• Like 7

I moved the operation inside tonight and started to put the dash back together. I’ve got a spare for parts but will be using the sweet chrome rimmed dials. It’s got a v8 calibrated rev counter. I stated polishing the varnish which I originally applied more than 3 years ago now and it is looking sweet. I love the dash one these cars - kind of super marine spitfire mixed with your grandmas burr walnut hall table. 

02BED76D-3E81-4AAA-866E-77C1B7D05899.jpeg

• Like 6

I’m getting tantalisingly close to a crank up  of the engine for the first time in 4ish years. I’d already have done it we’re I not a total phaffer - i love how the dash of s looking. It’s fairly amateur if you look too close but great looking dash. A few wires under the bonnet, run the old Gas out in to a can and badaboom

6F1E96E6-8A2F-4EB4-B8D0-2D11DD879F7B.jpeg

• Like 2

Well I got her cranked up on the weekend after some setbacks. Firstly pumped all the old fuel out but then the pump wouldn’t prime the new fuel through. Sorted that by drinking some delicious fossil fuel. Then the near new but unused for 4 years Holley carb started pissing fuel out the top of the secondaries like a geyser. I was amazed to find that adjusting the float level very slightly sorted it after also finding a bit of brass from carb manufacture on the seat. Then I had starter relay wired wrong (I’m a sparky :-D ) and then dried all fuel out from carb leak . Then had some spark and slight splutter and then no spark only to find a lit later that the hei coil was melted. Ffs!! Started first pop $100 later. Someone has taken choke flap out of this mint carb and the car still starts well leading me to suspect it is rich to compensate. I want to put a choke back in and tune it properly but without the flap I’m a bit buggered. Any ideas? I can buy the manual linkage kit but that assumes someone hasn’t removed the flap 

• Like 3

Doing the bearings on the outer pivot in the rear end. Following that I’ll get the exhaust sorted. As usual on this car there has been some sweet work and some bogan as shit work. The left side rear pipes have a little 2 inch to 1.5 inch section for some shit reason1DCCBAAE-6511-4ECF-A821-0A06E3FE20F3.thumb.jpeg.689e3aa5739ad3c17192ad05bc7b2421.jpegand one of the shocks is knocked off its bush so the exhaust can get pastBCC602B7-42F1-4BFD-B594-2FA6CB5A16E2.thumb.jpeg.f0ce985e3bcbe13d5a4c7854cc36bbc8.jpegthe shock is the same on other side to but exhaust is mint. Left side rear muffler is also touching body. I’ll take it to get sorted first and then put my lowering springs in the rear- got them from the Repco clearance website cheap as!

• Like 1

I have a fancy new Holley carb on the beast but the previous owner took the bloody choke off it. I suspect because it was a auto one but there are kits to manual choke them but they also took the actual flap off it. I can’t find one. Does anyone know where to get one or have one? I suspect it is tuned quite rich as it starts easily cold and has the rich idle sound. Any ideas?please don’t suggest injection...... yet...... although it’s in the pipeline!

7273C93D-3833-4A76-9B9E-2F739E69FA7C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...