Rich1179's other mitsubishi Disscussion

rich1179

if staying N/A then the gearbox option should be much easier.

The Triton R5M31 would probably be the easiest to do, otherwise you could just source the bellhousing from one and fit to a Toyota box.
I'm considering using a Nissan 350Z/370Z CD009 6-speed box as they are cheaper to find than a T56 that I was originally going to use, plus they shift much better and are the same size. 

21 hours ago, fuel said:

if staying N/A then the gearbox option should be much easier.

The Triton R5M31 would probably be the easiest to do, otherwise you could just source the bellhousing from one and fit to a Toyota box.
I'm considering using a Nissan 350Z/370Z CD009 6-speed box as they are cheaper to find than a T56 that I was originally going to use, plus they shift much better and are the same size. 

Was going to suggest the 6 speed nissan box. As it seems like your going to make a bix fit, you could go a nissan navara diesel 5 speed. They are same as rb25 turbo skyline, so strong, but also 80mm shorter. Most of them had better synchros than the skylines too.

Can be had for 350-400 if you look around 

• Like 1

123 slightly(like 1 tooth) lower than the petrol. 4/5 the same.

The diff is the difference.

Edit- i converted one to a rb25 bellhousing for a drifter mate and told him the ratios would be slightly different and he said he could not tell.

I suppose 400kw is going to turn the wheels no matter what. Haha

• 6 months later...

Question for the GTO people, just installed he door rubbers on the green GTO and it seems the glass is too low in the fram by about 10mm to properly seal up to them? but ive tryed adjusting the glass up but still seems too low, can i slot the wholes in the door or is there another adjustment i'm missing. door are alined on the car within 2mm.

I'm not sure on GTOs specifically but on most cars there's a little bit of adjustment on the glass but most of the adjustments are in the mechanism.  There should be a fixed part of the mechanism then an amount of rotation and movement from that, that allows for some fettling.  The window guides themselves can have some adjustment too.  Make sure nothing is fouling or binding when you get close to the top.  It might be that it's sticking on something as opposed to being out of stroke. 

On 06/04/2019 at 08:37, kyteler said:

I'm not sure on GTOs specifically but on most cars there's a little bit of adjustment on the glass but most of the adjustments are in the mechanism.  There should be a fixed part of the mechanism then an amount of rotation and movement from that, that allows for some fettling.  The window guides themselves can have some adjustment too.  Make sure nothing is fouling or binding when you get close to the top.  It might be that it's sticking on something as opposed to being out of stroke. 

thanks, ill have a poke around. it seems its hitting a stop as winder is not fully extended but the 2 stops in the hanes book are not touching. wonder if there is an early and late door as the car i have has been put together from a couple.