4AGEMADS 1986 Hachi Toy

4AGEMAD

The process was super smooth but at the same time scary. I could track the ship like dominoes pizza which helped but till it was in my hands i wasnt fully happy which i think the same goes with every car in this process lol.

n53r675.jpg

Autohub were super helpful, i rocked down the weekend she turned up. Thankfully my mate let me borrow his truck and made this mish down from hawkes bay.

Little kid spec

i4Zzu2h.jpg

Met up with john dee aswell and purchased a good condition dash that ill re-dye and fit at some stage too.

• Like 4

Specs!

As i said earlier its an se spec ae85 body

Full black interior and all genuine Trueno floor mats

Started its life with the old 3au and an auto slush box behind it.

Then someone in japan wanted 86ness but loved the body so someones gone all out and swapped out the entire driveline right down to the accelerator pedal and looms. Everything... im amazed and happy 

Theres a couple of teltale signs where they have added in fuel line brackets and rear sway bar mount holes but besides that and the lack of oil pressure gauge youd never tell.

aTC7CjW.jpg

FLlupmt.jpg

Kc5yafy.jpg

0KAzdeP.jpg

24sSBvJ.jpg

3JFvZxp.jpg

There are zero oil leaks...couldnt believe it, i checked the oil..golden, checked the air filter...brand new oiled k&n, checked the radiator fluid...solid toyota genuine like red. 

Kms say 130,000 would like to say the engines done that many kms by how mint it runs but never really sure.

Wiper cowling panels been replaced with a carbon fibre item which is sweet! 

T series open diff, that i checked in a certain manner.. lol

T50 gearbox

Ae86 front brakes

Stock suspension

Only real mod was the watanabes, nardi and catback exhaust which is too big for my liking

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

MRP Sent me my welded hubs/caliper brackets and adjustable rear arms yesterday! 

wanted to see what was wrong with the rear brakes so got TNZs last rebuild kit in stock lol

ReeJBlm.jpg

nLKEDyC.jpg

upon winding out the piston it became stuck...came out with a bit of crc and everything cleaned up nicely. 

wNjNRVe.jpg

TNZ also had about 5 sst's for removing the adjusting bolt safely for about 6 bucks! 

8vUiLgD.jpg

4Nw7m6E.jpg

Luckily the needle roller bearings that the handbrake lever runs on was like new so just a matter of re-greasing then adding the new seals plus paint. 

going back to the car today so hopefully by then end of this weekend she will be rolling again! 

• Like 4

Got to work today ticking off the growing list of things to get her ready for cert the biggest being the addition of a seatbelt mounting point in the c pillar.

nNezfG4.jpg

As per photo you can see the captive nut on the drivers side but nothing on the passengers...

W6YS8cO.jpg

GbNnx6Q.jpg

As per certifiers request, have a doubler plate behind the center skin and weld on 2 8mm nuts, then some how squeeze the other plate between the inner and center skin, bit of prying and such was ok. 

KxxbB1Q.jpg

HaOma0E.jpg

QpYCsYF.jpg

spent a good 15min vacuuming all the swarf out, i hate the thought of rust since this old toyota actually (from what i can see) isnt too badly rusted...yet..

Zinc painted the welded hubs and redrilled the new rotors to suit hub for the wilwood calipers. 

ikCayA1.jpg

lDNN3IM.jpg

scored a Toda flywheel from my friend! and purchased a bunch of other niggly bits and pieces like the heater tap which is jammed, also every time i stepped out on the track the wiper switch would fall out lol.

2qwbmmd.jpg

mnivGjy.jpg

Overview of some of the driveline components to go in

5L6RfcU.jpg

Will head to work tomorrow and finish rebuilding the hubs and rear calipers then should be ready to fit up and last things to get are rear disc rotors/pads and have front brake lines made and we should be ready for cert...almost

• Like 5

More boring but important stuff.. cleaned/painted and "rebuilt" the rear calipers

2nd Caliper was also full of that cancer stuff

9sE0umz.jpg

2nrNn1e.jpg

7kLyWYy.jpg

5rDmK2o.jpg

handbrake lever works properly now pushing the piston out further than before

Gave the hubs the same treatment and put in new bearings.

ko5JrJe.jpg

ntAnL95.jpg

Trying to just have everything ready to just bolt in and go, hopefully after work my mrs kp sunroof turns up and will go out and try bolt the hubs etc on till the front brake lines are made.

Big mission to get it ready for Toyota fest but will try! 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...