Nels Hb viva discussion

Mark_Fleming

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mark..has been a full on 5 months to get to this stage.

the green hb wagon was Steve hildreds old drag car..we sold it and it got painted silver and black..if you look on YouTube under chris Wright meremere you will see it getting rolled about six times.

im trying to keep most things on the car from the late seventies early eighties.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies..always nice to know your on the right track.

the car is a really solid base to start with..I’m not sure what motor they were thinking of putting in there cos the hole was massive..I will need to ad to it to tidy it up.

issac still has the brown four door which is in great condition..not sure if he is still thinking of selling it.

Things were a lot easier back in the day.

thats why we narrowed the front end in a jig and certifier is happy so far.

wants to see the chassis completely welded up before we drop the body on and mate the two together.

im going to have the engine and trans all mocked up in there also

Hi alex

im thinking of doing something similar.

its funny that car had a photo of a mouse on it and was called verminator and our green wagon was known as “ viva la mouse “

i could call it speedy Gonzales like the eighties cartoon with the fast Mexican mouse..ha

interior will be stripped out..the car didn’t come with a dash cover sorry..would of given it to you for nothing..really like your green wagon and the two door hb you built..they are both awesome cars.

if you have any thing else your looking for let me know as there’s a box of bits I’m not using.

cheers nelson

• Like 1

Nah, its one I used to race in the mid/late 80's. It wasn't Rendles one. Didn't his one have strut's? I can't remember, but one of those HB's racing around then was running them. I remember it had its front wheels tucked right in/under. This one still had the OEM Viva frontend fitted. I got it from a guy in Wanga's. It was colored red when i bought it. Fitted the Cheb from out of my Monaro. At one time, the car was run by the Miller's (from out of Masterton I think) and originally built by HESKETT. I raced at Thunder Park when I could afford to get up there. Sold it at the end of the 80's, and the Monaro (fuck) and the Statesman to raise a deposit to get into our first house. It went up to Auckland. Seeing your build has brought back memories of being young fit and broke, lol. 

P9250626.thumb.JPG.7525d0bc2f800dd97d37b7461c7d58a8.JPG

Check out those center squirters :) I still have one of those Holley Blue regulators. Its going on a dirty old rat I have.

P9250628.thumb.JPG.1b4a9399ee97eb0af90ac14c804573fc.JPG

I posted these pics in another post on here to do with Viva's a few months ago. Goodluck with your build.

• Like 6

That is such a cool car...from memory marks had a drop tube front end under it.

now that I’ve seen the front end photos I remember that car when it was white.It broke the national records for its class in the first season. That’s when John Heskett  first ran it.

i bet you wished you still had that Monaro.

what are you running now.

13 hours ago, nels said:

if you have any thing else your looking for let me know as there’s a box of bits I’m not using.

Yeah sweet- I'll have a think about what I might need. I do need an indicator LF lens because I foolishly dropped a lump of timber near my wagon the other day and took it out. hopefully getting one from @nzvohc though:-)   Work on my wagon is on hold until the Imp is finished.