Bling's AE70 Hardtop - Discussion

Bling

On 28/08/2018 at 18:29, Seedy Al said:

Glad it all came through for ya man.

You buying this meant I didn't have to.

So thanks.

Ps: make this happen please. 

508190.jpg

Ahhh old faithful, I built this thing, owned her for 10yrs. Good motivation photo lol

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I do have the mirror actually, but I lack the plastic base for it, have any of those? What sort of condition are your mirrors in, could be interested as mine does have some scratches on the chrome housing. Spare wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

• 2 months later...

Ticking along slowly eh. Wheels were a big thing to sort as it determines more than I initially imagined. On the plus side, can fit some decent brakes now if I go that way. Relatively smooth sailing once the rust is sorted I think, not that fixing it will be an easy prospect. Too many awkward layer upon layer sections to sort. 80's life.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ah small world eh! Wheels should look alright I think, haven't tried the fronts on, but the rears should just tuck in stock guards. Might need to fold the lips up to prevent rubbing. I don't have the fab skills to remake the guards so this was a requirement for the height I hope to have it sit at.

Yeah no spare car here sadly, jump on "RWD Toyota Buy & Sell - NZ" facebook page might be your best bet for parts. I don't have any spares apart from a grill / lights from previous shape model. Parts aren't easy to come across if they are ones specific to the hardtop. Is the car you're looking at up your way? I saw one on trademe a while back that had a frontal, white from memory. I was tempted at it for parts, but it was listed at 4k in pretty average shape. They had quite a few spares with it.

Annnnnnd back to cutting the red one up even more.

Odds of finding rust free parts these days are slim to none. What sort of condition are your spares in? If it's just a dent here and there with some rust mixed in, it might be quicker to just fix what you have. 

You should start a project thread for it.

10 hours ago, kyteler said:

Pretty sure he has two legit cars unless I've missed another car along the line somewhere? Fixing the red one.  Two tone is stock. 

Regular E7 sedan guards etc should fit though? 

Something tells me they don't, but my memory of E7 panels is a bit hazy