Bling's AE70 Hardtop

Bling

Pretty pathetic update this one, but figured i'd post it to keep things going in here.

Drove down to Timaru to pick up a spare 3AU. Such a boring road with all of the people trying to become statistics. Current plan is to potentially swap the carb from the spare engine into the car as it may be easier than fixing what is currently breaking my balls on the current carb. The rest of the engine will be wrapped up as a bare engine, with spares like alternator stored in garage to prevent rust, which my shed seems to grow. Spare engine has always been on my want list. Running two of them, I figure it makes sense to have a backup. It's out of an AE85, so i'm not sure if that changes much, but some of the carb numbers seemed to match up. So it's mostly likely all the same shit with maybe a few small variances. 

Only one photo as I don't want to put people through excessive boat anchor exposure. After loading and unloading it, I can see why they do make such good anchors though.

Excuse the blur, I had just taken the skin off the knuckle of my thumb with a really greasy part of the engine.

IMG20230225165100.jpg.14b7034294e67f2a8ff818ba1eed8e81.jpg

Apart from that, not much has happened. My cert still isn't live as certifier, for some reason, won't finish my paperwork and send it in. I mean it's only been 10+ weeks now, with xmas break. So perhaps i'm just expecting too much. Three times the paperwork has been nearly finished and was going to be sent in shortly. I've never once been contacted in regards to any delays, i've had to chase each time to see where things are at. So yeah, no WOF, no driving it for most of summer and all that boring stuff people tend to do with road legal cars. Not much I can do though, just eat up the shit sandwich. Certainly sours the whole cert process.

As you can see, i'm passed the point of expecting much to happen anytime soon.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...