Bike carbs sizing

shizzl

Ah you dont want them to stay open all the time, they should operate as designed, just that they open too fast for a car engine to respond. Dont think about them as choke plates, more like plates to ensure good airspeed through the carbs. You should block the big hose but the small holes in the bottoms of the slides will be enough to move them at a decent speed

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK fair enough. One less thing to have to do. 

I'll make the manifold this weekend but need to source another boot (only have three) or some fuel resistance hoses. Also need a filter. Sadly the bolt on pipercross filters will set me back quite a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 15/11/2018 at 18:40, dmulally said:

Hey bro 

Sure did and then when the air filter came it wouldnt fit. Nothing fkn fits in the van. 

So I have had to put in a 32/36 weber and modify the engine cover to fit it.  

Gutted. 

is your commer a 1725? was it the carb angle that took up the room for the filter in the end?

Not that I can recall. Even if it were sidedraft it would have some problems. I think if I pulled the carbs apart and had 1" straight tubes it would be ok. But I needed to angle the runners and that pushed them out a little. 

It is up and running now with the weber so I won't be looking at bike carbs again. They are in my ever increasing parts bin for shit I shouldn't have bought.