Wanted: someone to machine a Moped part AKL

Wanted : Friendly engineering person in AUCKLAND?

Trying to fit pit bike forks to a scooter and the steerer tube/ yoke is too short.

Ive pressed the one from the pit bike forks out, and sort of have one that’s correct for the bike it’s going into as a sample 

So really I need one of these made that is longer so I can press back into the pit bike forks and jam the forks in the scooter

58505304-53DF-4FC2-A8A6-58648D8C0426.thumb.jpeg.15dc0d8d23f9c7d5b31e6f6ac646a08d.jpeg

Not really suitable to chop weld extend cause the threads chooched 

Happy to pay $ or what ever
Cheers

Shakotom

1 hour ago, nzed said:

Does it need the hole through?  i wouldnt think so but in case a cable or something is being run down through there.... lol

how long is it now and how much longer do you need it through the centre?

Hole probably doesn’t need to be there

currently about 220mm total length

think it needs to be about 270mm total

-need to do some more measuring to confirm total lengths and thread length etc tho.

thread at the tops proper junk (someone’s attached it with a hammer/chisel so it’s not really suitable to chop and weld.

28 minutes ago, Steelies said:

for the amount you'll pay to have one baked from scratch, you may find it best to sift through scrap to find a factory steer tube/whole fork the right length..? 

That would be the smart thing to do, but pretty set on running these forks. Have got wheel/disc brake etc sorted for it. Have been searching for factory steerer to choppy chop or even a longer one for these fork to no avail so far

/need to have a yarn with someone and figure out cost though cause don’t wanba pay stupid money 

can you not get an el generco honda tube (dax / chaly / cub / ct / ss / probably even xr) and whack it in, even if you have to drill the hole in the triple bigger. you still got bits from that xl100 you pulled apart for me? could see if that works

• Like 1