Footeys 1994 land rover doscovery tdi

footey

Love this disco I will look into the water pump there are a few mods I want to try, it has a 2 inch lift but still has front and rear sway bars so maybe thinking of a quick disconnect pin for off roading, looking how to organize the rear was think of a slide out drawer thingy not sure yet

chur mine doesnt have swaybars and it's lush on road (2-3" lift) 

pretty rolly but nothing to make me bum eat the seat cushion.

not bad rigs to work on. I've done a viscous hb, headgasket, and had rad out of mine. piece of piss. 

I rotated my boost aneroid pin an dreucing the aneroid spring preload to let it roll fuel in a little earlier which mad it more repsonsive. haven't diddled with max fule or boost at all. Does what I want it to!

I tried it with the boost pin limiting washer out but it just rolled coal on long pulls which wan't ideal. I don't like real smokey diesels.... pro9bably mint if I was running lots more boost to compensate but the little t25 on mine is only really good for 14psi so meh.

I was thinking about an uprated intercooler , boost pin and boost rings then a hybrid turbo, try and get some boost happening under 2000 rpm might make a difference might try removing the sway bars I wonder how much the affect the flex and wheel articulation 

Sweet :) yeah mine is open diff aswell, thinking about true tracs front and rear, mainly because they ain't as aggressive as an arb air locker but do a great job for traction, I have a few oil leaks at present will fix these first

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2018 at 08:31, footey said:

I was thinking about an uprated intercooler , boost pin and boost rings then a hybrid turbo, try and get some boost happening under 2000 rpm might make a difference might try removing the sway bars I wonder how much the affect the flex and wheel articulation 

Best way would be to compound turbo it. Use the standard turbo and run an extra 10psi into it with a gt2860 or similar. I was going to do that with my 300tdi but ive gone with an Isuzu 4bd1t and msa gearbox.

It's super easy to do and you don't have to make much, will give a far wider powerband than a vnt or single turbo, trick will be to stop the r380 exploding