QCR Chris's Honda CT90

Chris.QCR

1 hour ago, johnnyfive said:

Chur, didn't really get a chance to talk to everyone over the weekend I've realized afterwards. Was easily recognizable bike from the distance with square light, seemed like it did you pretty well. A+ sick bike.

Cheers bro. I also wish I had a chance to catch up with othere GCs like yourself. You ran a top notch event mate. Really enjoyed it aye

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow station is the sticking point - only open to the public from December 26th until Easter - my pick would be as late as possible. Something to clarify would be whether the Maungatapu Track is open to bikes from the saddle into the Maitai. The caretaker always used to be bike friendly.

The other option on small bikes is the North bank of the Wairau from Renwick to St Arnaud. Would definitely need some sussing out first to see if this is doable as officially it's definitely not something you're supposed to do...

https://www.topomap.co.nz/NZTopoMap?v=2&ll=-41.712072,173.103247&z=15

@scooters probably has an idea if this might be a possibility...

• Like 1

On 16/11/2018 at 10:18, Willdat? said:

Rainbow station is the sticking point - only open to the public from December 26th until Easter - my pick would be as late as possible. Something to clarify would be whether the Maungatapu Track is open to bikes from the saddle into the Maitai. The caretaker always used to be bike friendly.

The other option on small bikes is the North bank of the Wairau from Renwick to St Arnaud. Would definitely need some sussing out first to see if this is doable as officially it's definitely not something you're supposed to do...

https://www.topomap.co.nz/NZTopoMap?v=2&ll=-41.712072,173.103247&z=15

@scooters probably has an idea if this might be a possibility...

North bank to to st arnaud....

long way... you can get a fair way up and eventually you drive threw some farmland and get to a gate. A lot of it is public access. 

In all honesty it throw the bikes over or under and just go it.. as I think there is DOC land to enter into the Goulter. 

it will spit you out at the wash bridge. from there it's a long straight bit of road all the way back to the rainbow/lake. 

• Like 1

Explored some more roads of Banks Peninsula with a couple spare hours last Sunday. Kaituna Valley and McQueens Valley then finished off with Gebbes Pass and Port Hills summit rd. Bike ran like a dream but had discovered that im gonna need to wear earplugs when riding because the deafness is starting to hurt when finished riding.

LOUD PIPES LOOK RAD

IMG_20181118_125056_254.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Soooo had a stunning day for the ride and we were making good time and as we dropped down into the third bay Magnet Bay my throttle cable snapped ! Due to my well organised tool roll of spares I knew I had a spare brand new Throttle cable ready to fit.  But when searching for it I couldnt find it anywhere then remembered I gave it to @sentra to fix his bike on the East Cape ride ! But lukily I had a Cable repair kit so we used a part of that then attached a cable tie loop and pulled that for throttle. So we carried on down the valley to Magnet Bay. Checked out some future dive spots then rode 20km of gravel back onto probably 50km of sealed road home. Was a great on two wheels with just myself and Aaron on his C100. 

received_534526047058164.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...