Kicker's C50

kicker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got started on the wheels today, they were a bit haggard so I decided I would paint the hubs and rims and order some new spokes front and rear.

Rear wheel was the most yuck, a bit rusty and had been painted with what looks to be some rust kill paint but spots were stating to come through again.

J9dR5m0.jpg

FhLF5bX.jpg

The front wasn't too bad, a bit of oxidation on the hub. Turns out the rim is aluminium, looks as though someone has laced it onto the C50 hub at some point.

IFkcC8n.jpg

Clean them up and rust killed where appropriate ready for paint.

H0NwV3M.jpg

I got them all painted, it's not a perfect finish but more than adequate for what it is. Will hopefully lace them all back up this weekend.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers dudes!

Initial plans for seat are similar to my first one, make a base from fibreglass and use some closed cell foam but this time I'll use some magnets to stick it to the top of the tank. It'll just be the same shape as the top of the tank.

Will try out a sissy bar too

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on a tail light license plate mount recently, the first version looked a bit average and left a large space between the light and fender.

pJVyUXH.jpg

So I decided to chop up the original mount, looks better.

BZWcpS4.jpg

VJ8AyRo.jpg

I think I'll still chop the rear fender off one day but it'll stay for now.

• Like 7

Have cut the springs but not shortened the shock shaft so they are a wee bit (massively) uncaptive on droop.
I saw a dude on instagram shorten his by running the shaft thread down further then lopping the end off so thought I'd give the same a go.
I assume these would be hard chromed so grinding that off first would make it easier?

• Like 1