Kicker's C50

kicker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the back end yet, I like the idea of keeping the guard as most do get cut off but they can look a bit daggy if not done well, I'll keep ya posted.

eKJlUn1.jpg

Check out the knobbly.

One thing I realised when filling out the form to re-register was that I hadn't thought about what colour I wanted it to be, I had to choose quickly as I was short on time but have since settled on one but you'll have to wait to find out.

• Like 3

I have stripped everything down now and there are a couple things that I need if anyone has any spares. I'm after the crush tube that goes between the bearings in the rear wheel and I also need a tyre to replace the knobbly currently on the back.

AYnoUIJ.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KKtrips said:

Whats the plan next, blast it and paint it?

Yeah, will need to do a mock assembly beforehand with new engine and controls etc. Then can clean it up. The tank was looking a bit iffy with some rust around the bottom but after a quick cleanup I think it will be ok. Will need to citric acid/electrolysis it though as it has surface rust on the inside.

DwXjzqq.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steelies said:

what diameter's the rear axle?

12mm, runs through some 6301 bearings. My post nightshift measuring abilities say it needs to be 59mm but would need to check again :) You got some tube in stock? Would be super handy, can still source them new from the looks at least.

It's super easy

Bucket, water, washing soda, battery charger, sacrificial mild steel. 1 cup of washing soda to 60l of water, postive lead on sacrificial steel negative lead on part to de-rust, profit. Can do it for you if you want.

I pulled the tank out after 8 hours and it is looking good, all the rust on the outside is shiny once the black residue is wiped off, I think I'll biff some screws in and rattle it around then give it a final dip.

• Like 3