mitchs 924 - tell me i made a terrible decision to buy here

Mitch.W

35 minutes ago, kws said:

Sweet plate, bet some 924 foamer out there would spend bucks on that if you didnt want it.

Doubtful, front engine Porsche owners own them because they have no money and can't afford an actual Porsche. :P

I dig this though, cool colour, pascha interior trim and an early car without any of the frills!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Having owned one I suggest:

1. lift the battery out and check that it hasn't rusted through directly above the fuse box. (water/rust/pixies are a bad mix)

2. Don't break the rear window. (Get new struts if they have lost gas)

3. If it has dog leg 1st like mine did, remember this at the lights.

4. Don't lust after a 924.

5. Skids are expensive with the rear trans-axle setup if anything pops.

Otherwise have fun. Pretty much a VW van engine so pretty reliable. Early fuel injection isn't worth touching unless you have someone who knows how to work on them. I had the turbo version which was quite happy to swap ends in the rain  - notably on the Khyber Pass on-ramp which proved to be quite entertaining.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tumeke said:

Having owned one I suggest:

1. lift the battery out and check that it hasn't rusted through directly above the fuse box. (water/rust/pixies are a bad mix)

2. Don't break the rear window. (Get new struts if they have lost gas)

3. If it has dog leg 1st like mine did, remember this at the lights.

4. Don't lust after a 924.

5. Skids are expensive with the rear trans-axle setup if anything pops.

Otherwise have fun. Pretty much a VW van engine so pretty reliable. Early fuel injection isn't worth touching unless you have someone who knows how to work on them. I had the turbo version which was quite happy to swap ends in the rain  - notably on the Khyber Pass on-ramp which proved to be quite entertaining.  

i hadn't thought about skids in this thing until now and you got me wondering....

1 hour ago, JoKer said:

go for a hoon down past the Go-karts in Palmy there's one of these Porches out front of a business near the dead end Cul-de-sack that looks like it's been been left to rot

fingers crossed i may actually know the of this, has a bunch of audi quattros too?

• Like 1