kicker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/09/2020 at 09:08, kyteler said:

I'm sure you've checked a bunch of things already but I'd be looking at:

1. The points removal/electronic ignition conversion, is that wired up correctly with the correct coil/ballast for the application for the unit.   

2. Vacuum lines for the carb, are they connected to the correct places to get advance. As well as all the other ports on the inlet, etc. etc. 

3. Comp testing should be done at WOT, not sure if it has by those figures. As Phil says, they're low.  Probably too low.

Yeah I did em on a cold motor because I couldnt get it going.

On 14/09/2020 at 03:35, fuel said:

those compression numbers are pretty low (although they are relatively even) - combined with smoking issue it sounds like your rings are defective and it's perhaps letting too much oil into combustion chamber.

I think the problem was breather hoses on block looped hence the gasket blow out/oil past rings

7 hours ago, oldrx7 said:

Good luck on the wiring stuff mate!  Good to know the motor's running well now though.

Cheers bro.

Annoying how it was working a week ago haha. I've got the dash off so I'm going to start at plug and work back from there.

Took it for another hoon tonight with the new gearbox mount ohh man so good. Got the up to 60 km on street few hard braking sessions and all working well. worked a treat that liquid polyurethane.

I'm going to put the bonnet back on and go fill up with gas squirt some moreys upper cylinder cleaner in with it, pump the tyres up and try the open roads tomorrow!  Wof re booked for next Saturday now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey mate,

I really enjoyed following the progress on this. You have put a lot of love into the old girl.

I have 2 of these. One is running nicely and I'm painting it a panel at a time. The other one I just picked up but has major damage to one side of it that is going to push my limited bodywork skills to the limit. Really cool to see someone dealing with a lot of the same issues I've had.

Nick 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tassietraveller said:

Hey mate,

I really enjoyed following the progress on this. You have put a lot of love into the old girl.

I have 2 of these. One is running nicely and I'm painting it a panel at a time. The other one I just picked up but has major damage to one side of it that is going to push my limited bodywork skills to the limit. Really cool to see someone dealing with a lot of the same issues I've had.

Nick 

Thanks bro yeah def was a project to take on but pretty happy with the results now.

Where abouts is the damage maybe try source replacement panels/cuts and weld em in.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2021 at 10:10, Matteybean said:

Thanks bro yeah def was a project to take on but pretty happy with the results now.

Where abouts is the damage maybe try source replacement panels/cuts and weld em in.

Yep - she looks great! Making me think that maybe I should paint one of mine black.

Both drivers side doors and the b pillar are smashed in. Luckily I have access to a spare car (not my other one) that I can go and take some cuts from. The doors on the spare are pretty rusty, so I'll have to weld some patches in on those too. Gonna be a learning experience for sure!

3 hours ago, tassietraveller said:

Yep - she looks great! Making me think that maybe I should paint one of mine black.

Both drivers side doors and the b pillar are smashed in. Luckily I have access to a spare car (not my other one) that I can go and take some cuts from. The doors on the spare are pretty rusty, so I'll have to weld some patches in on those too. Gonna be a learning experience for sure!

I have a pair of front ms65 doors which are in pretty good nick if you're interested in buying em

Unfortunately only front drivers and passengers. No rear doors but I no of someone who has some good rear doors in chch send@toy-mota a message for the rears.

Black is a hard colour to prep which I've found out haha it shows up every imperfection