Matteybean's MS65 Crown

kicker

19 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Just noticed the 4m you have is the later style,  same as a 5m etc from later ms112s etc.

@Carsnz123 is or was wrecking a couple of these which should have the pump and brackets you require.  Also the belt is driven around the water pump for power steering pump. So adds an extra groove required on the pulley.  These are simply a small flange that sits on. But make sure you get that as well. 

Awesome thanks alot ill try him now

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm  so sad I never had the time and space to finish the Crown, it had the best body i've ever seen on one of these, it just needed to be retro fitted back to semi original. I know you will actually do this car justice and I wanted it to go to a good home.

Looking forward to watching this get done

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Re brake rotor.  It's most likely going to be fine,  but they certainly could have done a better job lol. But by the looks they have only done a mild skim.

As for the flare nuts.  They will still be metric thread but for some reason most flare nuts seem to have 11mm heads instead of 10. I get this all the time at work. 

Brakes look good.  I assume they have been ultra sonic cleaned.

Keep up the good work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

Re brake rotor.  It's most likely going to be fine,  but they certainly could have done a better job lol. But by the looks they have only done a mild skim.

As for the flare nuts.  They will still be metric thread but for some reason most flare nuts seem to have 11mm heads instead of 10. I get this all the time at work. 

Brakes look good.  I assume they have been ultra sonic cleaned.

Keep up the good work. 

Yeah agree on better job. The drivers and ones bnt have previously done have been alot better whoever they gave passenger too did a shit job lol.

Yup head is 11mm metric! I think they've been bead blasted and painted i found couple tiny balls.

Cheers ill put it all back together then thank you

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JustHarry I could always test fit onto shell first before sending away for painting... was sorta hoping the door hinges would take up the slack?

The plan was when i get shell back first step was make it watertight as itll be outside while im prepping panels and the panels are huuuuuggge i hadnt really looked at them theyve been under my house.. 

Once doors are done they will be fitted with all new rubbers, window glides and outer door belts installed onto car and prep boot for paint then start on front end last.

It's dangerous to block doors off the car. Same with guards. As when you sand naturally you end up sending the edge more and end up with bare metal on the edges. (Which is good so you don't end up the build up) but is also bad because you will have a build up of product in the over the panel potentially making it to full. This is why we block through the doors/front guards/rear guards so that you don't end up putting more weight on the edges when sanding and keeps everything straight.

Probably not a big deal for what you doing.

Just food for thought for next time......

• Like 2