Matteybean's MS65 Crown

kicker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow yes i think it is but thats not who i brought it off. Cars in Wellington so will be looking for somewhere to crash friday night 10th August when i head down to collect. I also suspected it had passed thru an OSer because of rear sticker on window.

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

im not sure they ever had a one piece drive shaft? i think both auto and manual have two piece with a center hanger.

if it stops raining ill go check.

Thats strange yeah the one matt field sent me photo of is 1 piece out of same model

oday guess what i found!

my pre facelift jap assembled automatic has a one piece shaft.

the facelift Australian assembled manual has a two piece shaft. there is an extra crossmember in the chassis that holds a center bearing which the auto dosent have.

i wonder if its a difference between pre facelift and post rather than auto and manual?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 17:31, sheepers said:

oday guess what i found!

my pre facelift jap assembled automatic has a one piece shaft.

the facelift Australian assembled manual has a two piece shaft. there is an extra crossmember in the chassis that holds a center bearing which the auto dosent have.

i wonder if its a difference between pre facelift and post rather than auto and manual?

Both my crowns have a one piece shaft. Mine being manual and the parts car auto. 

Also anyone heading from auckland to hamner meet willing to take parts back for mattybean/sheepers would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi.

That wagon tank will in no way fit your car nicely. 

Wagons have them mounted under the car. Sedans they are mounted behind the seat. 

This is a cool project.  I too considered buying this at the time.  Glad something is happening with it again! 

On 29/07/2018 at 21:52, Nominal said:

Assume the previous 4M owner is upgrading to a 186?

Haha back in the 90s yup. This chassis had a big block v8 apparantly

Hence why they removed the mounts on chassis for extractors im aussming

8 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

Fyi.

That wagon tank will in no way fit your car nicely. 

Wagons have them mounted under the car. Sedans they are mounted behind the seat. 

This is a cool project.  I too considered buying this at the time.  Glad something is happening with it again! 

Haha. Wat

Nah same position but it is different. I need a tank with filler nozzle in middle of wide section. I too dont think itll fit.

8 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

Actually lol.

I forgot they have the filler behind the flip down panel between the tail lights. 

Wagons do no. The have a panel on the side.  So will still not fit I imagine. 

Yeah flaps in the middle mate. Just liked god created.

7 hours ago, sleeektoy said:

Do the steering boxes have a coupling like this? Like most 70's toyotas with steering boxes have...

That would therefore mean the power steer box may work?

s-l300.jpg.1e849947539e6d072b71157fedf4d477.jpg

Yup i have that piece. Ivr sourced a manual steering box which ill put in for now while i look into it/find a pump to also use.

Exciting times!

Just noticed the 4m you have is the later style,  same as a 5m etc from later ms112s etc.

@Carsnz123 is or was wrecking a couple of these which should have the pump and brackets you require.  Also the belt is driven around the water pump for power steering pump. So adds an extra groove required on the pulley.  These are simply a small flange that sits on. But make sure you get that as well. 

• Like 1