KP_wag's Banana BJ45

KP_wag

4 hours ago, MaxPower said:

truck looks tiny with that massive mutt on the back, will pick up that parts truck in a few weeks and I'm happy to part with the 5 speed, would the seats work too? I'm not sure if it has power steer or not yet.

Haha yeah he's a big lad, truck does feel pretty small by today's standards though, I'm only 5'11 and feel like I wanna slide the seat back a further couple inches (but is already hard against cab).

Would be mean to grab some parts off ya, figured out my truck has handbrake on the transfer case so I would also need to grab with transfer and some handbrake bits to make the 5-speed work. Interesting cause either my ute has an older style driveline retro fitted, or the US spec info on the international cruiser forums isn't relevant to NZ trucks as apparently late model 40s are supposed to have handbrake in the rear drums (making 5 speed swap easier). 

2 hours ago, Steelies said:

raging fan. pined at one of hese in hataitai the other day, did it have white wheels when you got it? if the same one, i hope you laughed at the modern version of same colour scheme just round the corner when driving past.

Nah wheels and tyres were bought last year says a receipt in the glove box. Yeah those new FJs are funny looking, when released I thought they looked weird but expected they'd grow on me - except they haven't